Retarted Brumby...

How to fix gremlins & general maintenance issues ...
SoobiDoo97

Retarted Brumby...

Post by SoobiDoo97 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:18 am

ok guys, i have a 91 Brumby and its retarted! it doesn't have a hazard light switch anywhere... it does have a thing that you push behind the steering wheel but that turns on the right hand blinker only.... the choke switch also doesn't operate the choke, it controls the winscreen wipers....... its also has an alarm under the bonnet but it isnt set up.....

How can i fix these problems? :?

Gone Fishing

Post by Gone Fishing » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:35 pm

Does the switch behind the steering wheel have a red triangle on it mate. If it does then that should be your hazard light switch. I would say someone has been doing a bit of home wiring. What happens when you put the indicators on do the windscreen wipers come on or something.

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:35 pm

Do the indicators work normally on both sides with the indicator stalk? I had a similar thing with the hazards only working on one side, turned out it had the wrong bulb in the light socket in the tail lamp.
Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

AndrewT

Post by AndrewT » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:44 pm

what is retarted? you might mean retarded.

Suggest you put a photo up here and label the bits you are talking about so someone can confirm what they are supposed to do.

phantomD

Post by phantomD » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:38 pm

Mine is the same. When I got it only the RH indicators would blink, mechanic said he had to play around with the contacts in the ignition barrel to get it to work. Now it takes a few blinks of the right indicators for the left ones to come on, but as it's ultimately working I haven't touched it further. I guess I'm going to be up for a relay at some point.

Return to “Electrical, Wiring and Lighting”