wiring pedants wanted within .... MY fuse box

How to fix gremlins & general maintenance issues ...
steptoe
Master Member

wiring pedants wanted within .... MY fuse box

Post by steptoe » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:07 am

each car I have owned over the years has been subjected to extra wiring, some, more than others and by the end - best not to look under the dash - yet seen way worse.

This current project B3 is getting a slower approach, and as such, more thought going into it. To power up everything extra on the IGN ON circuit am doing a new supply wire from the battery to this fuse protected relay

switching for relay will come off a sole wire from the IGN section of the factory fuse box.

Chosen fattest rated wire I can slip two inside a not preferred crimp connector from Jaycar (preferred are Utilux H953 crimp with Tool No. 61) I strip off the insulator and crimp them with No. 61, then heat shrink cover them. Think I have done one of these blade fuse blocks by drilling hole larger in spade and soldering a wire right through the supply side. Thought I'd try these loops.They all tuck in towards the kick panel, well away from accelerator foot, I hope.

Any pedants have a better fuse box, or proper bridging connectors within reasonable cost ?

There is not an awful lot of room under the Brumby dash for things - except chaos wiring :) , thought I would also do an accessory circuit one also and attach to outside of heater box above clutch foot... add in some USB power leads hard wired in for a few gadgets...could do with power up near visor for a special GPS speed alert G220 or G200 ....

Return to “Electrical, Wiring and Lighting”