Electric windows fixed

How to fix gremlins & general maintenance issues ...
Vortex75

Electric windows fixed

Post by Vortex75 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:13 am

Hey guys, a couple of months ago I had to swap out the electric motor for my passenger side window on my Vortex, I have all the manuals so I jumped right in and what a painful experience! Took my hours upon hours, I finally fixed it and the drivers side stopped! Seems something in the regulator was stop the cable from being able to move the window. So after getting another couple of regulators ( big thanks to NG!) I had a crack at it with the vivid nightmare of the last one in my mind. To my surprise it took me one hour and I was completely finished, and I would have to say it was because of all the trouble I had eith the other one that I knew what to do with this one. The manual makes it harder than it has to be, all about learning on the job. If anyone has any questions about door windows in a Vortex, hit me up, I might be able to help.
Canny

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:09 pm

A familiar feeling :) you'll get it more as you fix things on the car while reading the manual, then later on with your own nouse. I can replace a front drive shaft in less than an hour now, can take the whole engine out in about 2 hours on a good day. The books do make it more complicated that it needs to be.
Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:11 pm

cough * 45 mins :)

The Vorts are a surprise packet in the door department eh ? What, with hidden securing bolts scews under the door bucket handle thing ....

maybe type up some notes n pointers in case you are asleep when someone gets stuck ??

Return to “Electrical, Wiring and Lighting”