4eyed MY light insert options W165

How to fix gremlins & general maintenance issues ...
Nubaru

4eyed MY light insert options W165

Post by Nubaru » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:59 pm

just wondering if anyone has fitted the new generation lighting to their four light MYs ? Seen on ebay searching 165 x 100 inserts have seen crystal H4 style with rear reflector doing the work and clear lenses. Look ideal for the outers with hi and Lo beams.

Then there are the inners - have seen LED inserts that say have low and high beam 45 W could do neat high beams only at about 70 bux each from China
member since 10january2014 #6191

Bantum
General Member

Post by Bantum » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:15 pm

Funny that, I was just looking at these on the FB just now :

From Here : http://www.invisionsales.com/lighting/s ... mp-inserts

From Here : http://www.ledandsafety.com/MHL-4X6LL-M ... -4X6LL.htm

Couple of others out there - I would also check first to make sure they are compliant with AUS road regulations ...

Cheers, Bantum ...

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:57 pm

just ordered a pair of cheapies for high beam inside of these babies that came up as a 2/3 price option for same looking same smelling lights.

seing as though high beam is almost, it is, open slather certain ADR's can't cripple their use. Be cool to see what they look like on low beam from an oncoming motorist ?

Suck and see trick coming up

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Driving-Ligh ... 1648015592

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:43 pm

found this thread ...got them ...and they fit the housing, they fit the bezel/frame, just like anything else non genuine, no fit perfectly.

The lights with their mounting blocks firmly in the housing make the bezel sit about 6mm proud of original.

Light surround fits though :) So need to ID the thread size of the fine screws holding light bezels to the housing, get 6mm longer - yes, Sam, also thinking rivnut me way through this but extra work to fit std lights back if no good LED project.

With cord on upside, low beam gives out the lowest of the three rows plus one in the middle of the middle row and gives a typical flat euro style cut light.
Something not declared on ad bay is that the ones I got are spot beam, not flood, nor a mix.

I wanna fit them up as high beam inners first, then see how they go in the hi lo outer postion, try out on beam setter and in real life situation before I know if I am happy

Bantum
General Member

More LEDs ...

Post by Bantum » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:04 pm

Not sure if they have the range of HID lamp, would be interesting to see a comparison side by side :

Could always use them as spare work lamps I guess ... :rolleyes:

Cheers, Bantum ...

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:16 pm

an EA81 in most states cannot drive fast enough to warrant being able to see as far as HID :) what happened to that idea of increasing nsw speed limits ? 130 would be excellent !

These babies look too bright/high for low beam - which is where my lights are lacking

maybe a black square in the centre to black out the centre diode for low beam .....

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:55 am

Nubaru - how'd you go - get them ? Got mine in. There is no way I want to be an oncoming vehicle with these on low beam. Rigged mine up rough as a low beam outer - the bottom row and the centre LED lights up and would light up the night road nicely - just am a little concerned about lighting up the retinas of on-coming anything!

I am think of an idea I got watching the very presentable Jodie Kidd, well, actually, think it was Senor Senna ripping about in a Porsche that had blackouts on its headlights. Maybe Bantum has skills to adjust one of these pics for a RHD tilt to low row and centre blacked out with electrical tape ?

Might try blackout the centre LED and create an angled black out along the top of the lower set to get a RHD suitable light .
Of course, came across the differing earth switching, postive switching mix? the hi and lo has or maybe that was coz i blew a fuse with exposed wires out of the LED light plug, and did not realise until all put back together - original outers - the tinker side was that Nissan look yellow glow you used to see. That side fuse blew !

Lights up road with that usual extra light of LED lights. Agree with tambox comment on it being a funny sort of light

No camera, no pics

coxy

Post by coxy » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:32 pm

Lights up road with that usual extra light of LED lights. Agree with tambox comment on it being a funny sort of light

No camera, no pics[/QUOTE]

Steptoe update your phone my new one takes awesome pics as you will see in some of my attachments

Return to “Electrical, Wiring and Lighting”