What is this wire for

How to fix gremlins & general maintenance issues ...
choinka

What is this wire for

Post by choinka » Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:45 pm

Started working on the auto to manual conversion on the weekend and whilst playing around with the pedal box I pulled off a very thin black wire. The wire had come apart at the solder.

What is this wire for. I assume it can't be for much as it is almost hair thin and wouldn't take much current.

The car starts, but could not drive it as by that stage I had alreay pulled the linkages off, the exhaust of the turbo and the tailshaft.

Thanks,

Richard

Oh and some advice - pulling the pedal box out and in sucks. But I'm not sure how much easier it would have been if I had only removed the shaft holding the pedals and only replaced that. Took a gamble...

BaronVonChickenPants
General Member

Post by BaronVonChickenPants » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:55 pm

It might have been for the kickdown switch.

Jordan.
To become old and wise, first you must survive being young and dumb.

choinka

Post by choinka » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:37 am

Sorry, I forgot to add that it wasn't part of the wiring for the pedal box. It was actually part of all the wiring that sits under the dash. It was just very loose and I had clipped it with my hand and it pulled out.

wagonist

Post by wagonist » Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:58 am

At a guess, its either the earth wire from the radio or the wire that runs from the steering column to the body.
Current rides:
JDM GTII Touring wagon
88 RX Turbo Full-time 4wd touring wagon project - 97 Toyota Caldina GTT (turbo 4wd WRX eater:twisted:) - Hyundai Excel Rally Car:confused::???:
Previous rides:
93 Legacy GT wagon - 85 RX Turbo Full time 4wd Touring Wagon - 85 GL AWD sedan
96 Toyota Caldina wagon

Return to “Electrical, Wiring and Lighting”