92 L Series Rear Speaker Wiring

How to fix gremlins & general maintenance issues ...
92subbie

92 L Series Rear Speaker Wiring

Post by 92subbie » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:23 pm

Hi everyone,

I wish to upgrade my sound system as it only has front speakers at the moment and i pulled out my head unit to go hunting for the wires and i noticed that the old plug for the old stereo is still behind the dash connected to wires! I bought the car with the head unit in it so who knows what they have done but my question is, are the wires that are still connected to the old plug, for rear speakers, or how do i find out if they are?

Cheers 92subbie

Suba
General Member

Post by Suba » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:06 pm

First thing would be to see if there are actually any speakers in the rear, if there are and you are sure that the wires that you have found are speaker wire test them with audio output.

Mike.
ImageImage

92subbie

Post by 92subbie » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:39 pm

no the car does not have rear speakers so i might just have to try and trace these wires to where ever they go

Fang

Post by Fang » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:08 am

You will probably have to end up running wires for the rear doors - thats what I did - at least the holes are there for skating up the centre pillar and into the door.

You will find there is a hole already cut in the rear doors (behind the trim) - which saved me a lot of time.

Return to “Electrical, Wiring and Lighting”