01 b4 ECU reset?

How to fix gremlins & general maintenance issues ...
mattims

01 b4 ECU reset?

Post by mattims » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:30 pm

My car ran on a tank of 95 octance cause i couldnt find anything else and after that it basically wouldnt go onto the second turbo. I plugged in the green and black connectors under the dash and immediatly it started making odd noises ... click pssst .. click pssst.. repeating continuously and the exhaust valve motor was turning backwards and forwards (and i noticed the cable was broken) now was my ecu trying to tell me this cable was broken. It didnt flash out any codes just lots of rapid flashing and after i unplugged connectors it ran perfectly again (both turbos top end).

Do these connectors do an ecu reset (i thought they just flashed up the code)

Suba
General Member

Post by Suba » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:58 pm

It's still under warrenty isnt it Matt , I would be taking it into them to sort it .

Mike.
ImageImage

mattims

Post by mattims » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:25 pm

warranty all gone now .. In fact they were very generous to let me transfer it at all because the logbook wasnt stamped for the 50k service. But its all over .. let the modding begin

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:12 pm

I could be wrong on this one, but I think what you've done is just cleared that fault from the computer and now it's reverted to pre-fault settings, not done a total ECU reset.

tim_81coupe
General Member

Post by tim_81coupe » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:03 am

mattims wrote:let the modding begin
Let the podding begin is more like it. PSSSHT!

You're gonna need some more mods. Coupey fired up today, sounded mean as.

Watch out :D

mattims

Post by mattims » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:48 am

bugger .. and i dont think my next mod is going to help my performance any at all .... im thinking carputer.

mattims

Post by mattims » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:49 am

if it had a fault code to reset would it have shown the check engine light first. Or are there some fault codes that dont show that light.

Oversteer

Post by Oversteer » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:58 am

When you check for codes you just connect the black connector(I think.... will check and make sure). Then when you turn the ign on it should flash codes if there are any. The green connect is "self test mode" this you connect if you want to activly check components like injectorts, idle, fans etc etc the mode just cycles thru and buzzes everything.

The code clearing procedure involves connecting both of those conectors and leaving the ignition on for a minute or somthing.... tricky to get right when you want to but you may have fluked it !

Faults that don`t show on the light, unfortunately it often happens that you have a dead or dying component and you`ll never get a code.... the code only happens if its a fatal fault like dead short or open circuit in most cases....

OS
MY05 GT-STI DCCD 6spd 13.88at98.7
88 FJ62 Cruiser-5.0ChevTPI TT,6psi,Hi6,044,Wolf3dV4,FMIC

mattims

Post by mattims » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:04 am

aaah it all makes sense now. Im glad it was just testing and hadn't somehow figured out the exhaust valve was broken.

Return to “Electrical, Wiring and Lighting”