Aftermarket recovery points for 2011 Forester X

Get the most out of your ride & how to make enhancements ...
gruntels

Aftermarket recovery points for 2011 Forester X

Post by gruntels » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:12 pm

Hey guys,

I have been reading around on various forums in regard to recovery points on the 2011 forester. Seems most people are just using the tie down points with a equaliser strap for snatch strap recovery. The points are only welded on and don't look overly strong.

I was just wondering whether anyone has had any luck getting proper rated recovery points installed on their 2011 forester? If so, where and how much did they cost installed?

Also there is a screw in tow hook with this model forester. Has anyone had any experience using it for recovery?

spike
General Member

Post by spike » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:46 pm

gruntels wrote:Hey guys,

I have been reading around on various forums in regard to recovery points on the 2011 forester. Seems most people are just using the tie down points with a equaliser strap for snatch strap recovery. The points are only welded on and don't look overly strong.
theyre not and using it for snatching is kinda scary!
towing with an equiliser is bareable, good for rolling a car back onto its wheels though.

gruntels wrote:
Also there is a screw in tow hook with this model forester. Has anyone had any experience using it for recovery?
on the rear get a slug that goes in your toe bar receiver, as for the front ive seen them used and dont trust them but the point theyre built is the strongest point so yeah maybe

gruntels

Post by gruntels » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:31 pm

Thanks for the info Spike.

Yeah I will get a tow bar for the rear with a hitch shackle to go in the receiver.

I agree with you about the screw in tow hook. Would make a nice little snatch strap projectile! The manual says to use it for pulling your vehicle out of sand, mud and snow. Maybe okay for short distance "towing" but surely not snatch recovery. Will investigate where recovery points can be mounted on the front i think.

Cheers

spike
General Member

Post by spike » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:42 pm

gruntels wrote: I agree with you about the screw in tow hook. Would make a nice little snatch strap projectile! The manual says to use it for pulling your vehicle out of sand, mud and snow. Maybe okay for short distance "towing" but surely not snatch recovery. Will investigate where recovery points can be mounted on the front i think.
ive seen them used to dead pull a car off grass onto a tow truck but theres a lot more involved in snatching. engine crossmembers are usually pretty good places but up to you

Return to “Conversions, Modifications and Performance Upgrades”