the latest ebay performance enhancement

Get the most out of your ride & how to make enhancements ...
steptoe
Master Member

the latest ebay performance enhancement

Post by steptoe » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:49 am

Got one in close to Subablue $14.00 delivered from China, now, the power delivery assessment onb hold until I get brave enough to stomach it disintergrating into my intakes. Impeller is same both sides, instructions on ebay , not with package itself :D

Control V would help :oops:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

purp

Post by purp » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:03 pm

Well, it certainly looks like it would go fast....

Put some goggles on, then spin it up with an air nozzle on a compressor. If it explodes and throws razor sharp shards in al directions it probably isn't safe for your car. ;)

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:08 pm

Can I ask why you bothered? :o

Is there a motor in there? looks just like some of the new R/C electric ducted fan s that are around, all alloy. A decent EDF on 12 volts would probably do more than that little thing ;)
Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:09 pm

Think I need a few more gadgets to really enhance things :)

http://www.caradvice.com.au/101317/fuel ... dont-work/

rave reviews in the above

Now, need three more, a pair of old inline skates, two sets of three inch wide, 62mm "fats" , and I'd have meself a set of inline skates I could actually use :D

BaronVonChickenPants
General Member

Post by BaronVonChickenPants » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:11 pm

And look something like this?

;)

Jordan
To become old and wise, first you must survive being young and dumb.

tambox

Post by tambox » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:59 pm

Hi Steptoe, these sort of things are good to cover up other problems, if your carby/efi/spark/ign is working properly it will do nothing, if they have problems, it may help.
Many years of dyno work have shown these results.
Add a litre of kerosene to your engine oil, gives better dyno figures but is no good for your bearings.
These products are fun.
Good Luck

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:14 pm

fourteen bucks worth of poops and giggles, and if it was fifteen I may have drawn the line and not bought it.It spins on its own bearings and air flowing through it I suppose. Pretty funky treadmill for pet mice ?? A lot of these aluminium things that look to be anodised are only painted to look anodised - this seems to be another of the look a like finish.

My machine shop guy swore by the Hiclones he sold, I'll get another fourteen bucks worth of fun discussing this unit with him :D

Another use out of it could simply be used as a spacer in my LPG set up and two bucks cheaper than one in silicone :D

Pre - commit to buy -I was wondering if the other side - outlet had a different turbine producing a higher pressure , I would have begun to doubt it if I had seen some alternatives to this deluxe model with twin blades, did not know you could also get a single blade unit, or one with rather crude mesh more suited to front air dams not AFM grade :D

Also differnt OD's to fit inside ducting - so you can hide the power boost at the next drag :) :D

Must go inspect a Chery to see if they are hidden inside intake ducting

spike
General Member

Post by spike » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:49 pm

i saw a write up about these somwhere claiming they had a contract with the US army to supply them as they were soooooooooooooo good (derisive laughter).
when asked for proof they said it was confidential and we should belive them

sorry guys but i think buying it is just incouraging theyre crap

Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:37 am

The thing is that hiclones actually do work. I'm an honest user and can say the improvement was marginal, but improvement was there.

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Tapatalk 2
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)
my02 Gen3 Liberty limited ed.

previously
L-series wagon, LSD, EJ20turbo, 29in tyres, 'wanky wagon'
2000 gen3 outback, lifted, otherwise stock.

MTB92

Post by MTB92 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:58 pm

Alex wrote:The thing is that hiclones actually do work. I'm an honest user and can say the improvement was marginal, but improvement was there.
Someone that agrees with me! Its not much, but it was definitely there with the EA, and you are searching for every bit you can get then :p

short of going on a dyno, we tested it with 2 L series on yeagerup dunes :D

have you heard of a cyclone Alex? one came in an l series i scrapped, and i hadn't heard of them before. i have an EJ now, so it isn't much use to me but i am interested to know if they work as well.

Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:22 pm

Never heard of cyclones. I used the hiclone before I EJd as well..

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Tapatalk 2
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)
my02 Gen3 Liberty limited ed.

previously
L-series wagon, LSD, EJ20turbo, 29in tyres, 'wanky wagon'
2000 gen3 outback, lifted, otherwise stock.

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:49 am

DescriptionDescription:

F1-z power launcher turbine (double propeller) is designed by auto-engineer. The propeller of power launcher turbine spins with the engine speed generating a maximum force to create a powerful airflow into the combustion chamber at a higher speed. The single propeller sucks the airflow into the combustion chamber at a higher speed resulting atomized burning: Increase horse power and save gasoline. Why you need f1-z power launcher? Internal combustion gasoline engines run on a mixture of gasoline and air. The ideal mixture is 14.7 parts of air to one part of gasoline (by weight. ) one part of gas that is completely vaporized into 14.7 parts of air can produce tremendous power when ignited inside an engine. The quantity and quality of the air being mixed with fuel is of vital importance. It helps determine the longevity of an engine, more air you can get into the cylinder the more horsepower the engine will produce. F1-z power launcher was designed, to increase air intake volume to the engine. The concept is to create two different air velocity profiles, one traveling at higher speeds than the other does. This technology increases air volume and speed to the engine.

end quote

I hope this thing makes him very wealthy , the youtube clip not in here yet shows it to be pretty noisy whirring in operation

Tweety
General Member

Post by Tweety » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:49 pm

Right on Steptoe.

Never seen a dyno readout of an engine before and after electric blower has been installed. if it produces 2-3 hp then it isnt worth the risk anyway.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tweety trike- EA81 (full reco 2014) 32/36 weber, SPFI manifold, 9.5:1 CR, VW auto.

Return to “Conversions, Modifications and Performance Upgrades”