Custom Brumby Ute lid's

Get the most out of your ride & how to make enhancements ...
Brownster

Post by Brownster » Sun May 18, 2008 5:19 pm

Not many replies. What price were people thinking these would cost? I can try and get some designs done and I will make the mould thru my company which would save alot. The biggest cost is the initial mould !!! Let me know your thoughts otherwise I guess I will scrap the idea and look at some sort of other type of hardtop lid...
'Brownster'
Was that just a Brumby ute that flew past?

ChPLAT

Post by ChPLAT » Sun May 18, 2008 6:21 pm

Out of my price range, i was thinking it would be around $800. I'm not paying 2 grand for a cover when i paid $1800 for my entire ute haha.
Past rides-
1989 Brumby

Current ride-
MY06 Liberty 2.5i Sedan

Hamish71

Post by Hamish71 » Sun May 18, 2008 9:51 pm

$2k is a lot, but hard to comment without seeing a design/sample of their work. So, lets see a design, and a sample of their work!

brumbyrunner
General Member

Post by brumbyrunner » Sun May 18, 2008 11:02 pm

Brownster wrote:Price for the custom Brumby ute lids will be around the same as the Holden and Ford custom lids - $2000 per lid

which includes the fitting kits (ie: gas struts, locks, and all fittings required), the actual fibreglass ute lid and the surround around the top of the Brumby to accomodate a brake light.

At this price we will need a minimum of 5 people to commit which will cover the cost of the moulds....The mould that is being made will be able to make as many lids as we require.

I will grab a copy of a diagram to show all the product..
So, you need 10 grand to do the mould and material for 5 ute lids?
If this is successful, what do you (or the manufacturer) expect to sell any subsequent ute lids for after the first 5?

Keen to see the diagram too.
Brownster wrote:Not many replies. What price were people thinking these would cost?
Must have missed your thread for a few days.
I was hoping they were not going to be 2 grand!
I can try and get some designs done and I will make the mould thru my company which would save alot. The biggest cost is the initial mould !!! Let me know your thoughts otherwise I guess I will scrap the idea and look at some sort of other type of hardtop lid...
If you can get your company to do the mould more cost effective then that sounds like the way to go. What other types of lids have you got in mind?

Who is designing and manufacturing the current design ute lid? For the high initial cost outlay that pays for the mould, you would want to own that mould to stop anyone else using it for free.

pm me if you like.
Settlement Creek Racing

Hamish71

Post by Hamish71 » Wed May 21, 2008 3:16 pm

I own an engineering company...so might be able to do cad etc for free...

wayne parfitt

Post by wayne parfitt » Wed May 21, 2008 7:59 pm

depends on price .but am interested.

Brownster

Post by Brownster » Thu May 22, 2008 8:29 pm

I will see if I can get the CAD drawing done. I would be happy to make the mould if we can get the drawing converted and made into the pieces for the mould.
'Brownster'
Was that just a Brumby ute that flew past?

Hamish71

Post by Hamish71 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:12 pm

where are we with this?

Return to “Conversions, Modifications and Performance Upgrades”