crossbred kit

Get the most out of your ride & how to make enhancements ...
brockharro

crossbred kit

Post by brockharro » Mon May 07, 2012 7:42 pm

hey just wondering if the crossbred kit as to be enginereed in nsw ive tryed to search it but couldnt find anything
cheers

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Tue May 08, 2012 6:34 pm

Email Jeff at jeff@crossbredperformance.com i am sure he will be able to tell you. :)
"Bianca"
'86 Brumby - Dual Port Heads, 5 Speed Dual Range, Custom Cam, Tuned Weber, Tuned Suspension, 2" Body Lift Kit, LSD, 14" rims, 2.25" Exhaust, Snorkel, Dual Batteries, DVD Player, UHF, VHF, etc. Offically now part of the 350, 000 km Club! :) And still pulling like a freight train.

"Claudia"
82 MY Wagon - EA81T, RS Liberty WIAC, 5 Speed Dual Range, Tuned Suspension, 14" Rims 27" Tyres, 2" Body Lift Kit, Apline Head unit, UHF, Roof Console, L Series seats, Soon to have New Paint, snorkel, Dual batteries, etc

akpv

Post by akpv » Tue May 08, 2012 8:07 pm

Which kit?

Gannon

Post by Gannon » Tue May 08, 2012 8:31 pm

Im assuming he is talking about the 5 stud EJ brake upgrade.

I have a feeling that although the kit was designed to the specifications of an engineer, because it is installed by the end user, you have to get your own engineering certificate. Could also have something with the differences in modification rules between different states and territories
Current rides: 2016 Mitsubishi Triton GLS & 2004 Forester X
Ongoing Project/Toy: 1987 RX Turbo EA82T, Speeduino ECU, Coil-pack ignition, 440cc Injectors, KONI adjustale front struts, Hybrid L Series/ Liberty AWD 5sp
Past rides: 92 L series turbo converted wagon, 83 Leone GL Sedan, 2004 Liberty GT Sedan & 2001 Outback
------------------------------------------

brockharro

Post by brockharro » Tue May 08, 2012 8:35 pm

ok cheers ill have to have a bit more of a dig coz i did find a post saying it didnt have to but that was fairly old

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun May 13, 2012 9:40 pm

Gannon wrote:I have a feeling that although the kit was designed to the specifications of an engineer, because it is installed by the end user, you have to get your own engineering certificate.
What I've heard from Bratgeebah, the fella that started the whole conversion kit off, he was one step away from having it ADR approved, but it was money he didn't have.

You will not have any issues with engineering of this kit - it was designed with the assistance of an engineer that didn't cut any corners!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Return to “Conversions, Modifications and Performance Upgrades”