barrel style door locks - solex

Get the most out of your ride & how to make enhancements ...
steptoe
Master Member

barrel style door locks - solex

Post by steptoe » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:35 am

I guess only MY can fit these due to thir simplicity. I bought a set from autopro back in 1999 for my Brumby - to suit an MY/Brumby and got a pretty universal barrel door lock that would fit the door but not work correctly with the MY doors lock pulls etc. Return to autoprojoe to be given the 1800 number for nice products to try sort it out. They saw it to be a problem of not having the correct link at the back of the lock so sent out a few more to try.

The tidy thing about these locks is that you can deadlock them (if they can supply the correct back link :( ) I was still unable to get the full deadlock postion of 9 o'clock and had to settle for a ten o'clock position and file off the locating tit on the key. This tit sort of allows key to enter at 12 and exit at 9 or 3 position so nothing is incorrectly locked.

Has anyone had any success with these locks and can ID correct link for the back of the lock to work in MYs ?

I can see myself having to pull these locks out to get an ID of the partial working links in order to get the almost correct set for another MY or readers in here .....

Maybe I should give them credit and hope an upgraded listing has been found in last 14 years ?

1983wagon

Post by 1983wagon » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:27 am

I too was going to install a set of solex locks in the near future. Will follow this thread closely for the right ones :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Fri May 16, 2014 6:31 pm

Still following ??

I had a good look this arvo while fixing up the regulator and window. Pulled the Solex out.Found the digit 3 on the little arm that the distributor supplied at a later date from purchase. Even this one did not allow me to dead lock the door until I filed a tit off the key.

Return to “Conversions, Modifications and Performance Upgrades”