worth the money?

Get the most out of your ride & how to make enhancements ...
calamity

worth the money?

Post by calamity » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:18 pm

so im not the most mechanichally minded person...and this may seam like an obvious common knowledge question...but my friend recomended i buy a weber conversion kit...he pointed out this one to me and recomended i get the upgrade to plenum/snorkel...that takes the cost up to almost $600...i only paied $200 for my car (1984 subaru touring edition wagon)...and even with work iv done to it still cost me less then 1000...

so what im asking is it the right part for my car and is it even worth the upgrade? $600 isnt exactly cheap...but i can understand that a 30yo stock carby might also be reaching its end of days aswell...

http://www.weberperformance.com.au/prod ... cts_id=732

calamity

Post by calamity » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:35 am

on another note...are there any engines that able to be ported into the car to replace the stock 1.8? ea82 i believe it is now...id like to keep it 4x4 and i like being able to switch to 4 wheel drive with just the button on the shifter...

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:46 am

I'm pretty sure your car has the EA81 1800 motor in it and this weber conversion is the best thing you can do to it but it's a big cost on a cheap car, so depends what your plans are for the car and for how long you're going to hang on to it for is?

As for engine swaps, it all depends on how much money you are willing to spend?
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

Return to “Conversions, Modifications and Performance Upgrades”