analogue touring wagon instrument cluster into brumby

Get the most out of your ride & how to make enhancements ...
555Ron

analogue touring wagon instrument cluster into brumby

Post by 555Ron » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:00 am

Hi, I have this larger style instrument cluster I want to fit into my brumby.

The wiring harness is different to the traditional brumby instrument cluster. It seems two round plugs with clip in but there are the plugs below that appear not to connect anywhere to the brumby harness.

Is there more wiring in the instrument cluster to allow it to plug into the brumby wiring harness. Am I not looking hard enough or do I need the wiring harness from the donor car.
- Rhys
91 Brumby

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:31 am

Either change and repin the plugs or get a touring wagon analog harness and dash.

Bantum
General Member

Post by Bantum » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:43 am

Yep need the entire dash + wiring to swap that over :

Note : The dash wiring at bottom + this is for Digi Version ...

Or you can sell it to me ... :p

Cheers, Bantum ...

Proton mouse

Post by Proton mouse » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:30 pm

Hey Rhys, you will definitely need the wiring harness from the donor car if you want all the dash to work!!
Along with the dash pad and cluster cowling/surround, you will need the 2 wire fuel tank sender (if you want the fuel low warning light to work)
plus, for that light to work on my Brumby, I had to run a wire from the rear loom plugs (next to the hood release) back to the cavity behind the drivers seatbelt.
When changing the dash loom and fuse box, check to see if it has 2x 10amp fuses for the headlights or 2x 15amp. Some earlier 4 headlight models had lower wattage headlamps than what the Brumbys have, and also may only have 1 relay. Check all this or you might fry something.
Cheers
John

555Ron

Post by 555Ron » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:53 pm

Thanks guys. I have all the bits needed except for the wiring harness and the fuel tank sender. I knew I was short A fuel tank sender but I can just fix that up whenever. I'll look out for a coupe or wagon that's getting wrecked. If anyone has the suitable parts send me a PM.

Oh, and the oil pressure gauge on the cluster. I have a sender unit. I assume that requires the harness that connects to the thermostat and carburettor in the engine bay to be changed... But will just plug into the harness?
- Rhys
91 Brumby

Proton mouse

Post by Proton mouse » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:15 am

You shouldn't have to change the engine wiring harness. The wire that runs to the low oil pressure switch on the front of the motor is now the signal wire for the sender (might just need the connector changed that's all)
John

Return to “Conversions, Modifications and Performance Upgrades”