So far

Get the most out of your ride & how to make enhancements ...
pzs

So far

Post by pzs » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:59 pm

Ea 82 wagon auto....story so far, I have replaced shocks genuine sub front and rear with kings springs, replaced ALL suspension rubbers and mounts front and rear.....this was an expensive ex resize, and swapped out a rear k arm with disc brakes, reco rear calliper and fitted new longer hoses to accommodate the 50mm lift, I have swapped the rear 3.9 diff out and fitted a 3.9 LSD diff with new seals, I have removed the front sway bar for better articulation on the front.....and the result is,BLOODY AWSoME! It is a traction machine with 15cm higher.

Next is new flowed heads, cams to be fitted, rejetted stock carb, plumb in my snorkel to modded air filter(cooler air and more volume), put in a bonnet scoop, to feed air into auto cooler with fan, finish off with new 2inch exhaust and some light truck tyres on my 14 inch rallye rims.........total cost including car approx $5000-6000. Is it worth it, it has kept me busy for 2 years, so I think so. Photo to come when rest of mods done.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:14 pm

Awesome. With the way this thread started out I thought there was going to be a grumbling complaint in there!

Glad it's worked out for you! I've spent a good 6 or 7 years building my L series and am now feeling like I'm at the point of just maintaining her - with a little mod here and there in the dream cloud!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

pzs

Post by pzs » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:24 pm

Yep, its a hobby, a strange one, but none the less, its healther than the pub

Return to “Conversions, Modifications and Performance Upgrades”