EA82 Turbo header designs .

discopotato03

EA82 Turbo header designs .

Post by discopotato03 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:51 am

Hi all , I went looking at USMB for pics of the American Techworks (TWE) turbo headers so I can show my rally fabricator a design he may be able to make for me .

Firstly I'll assume no one out here has the TWE one that they can measure the pipe diameters .

There is a USMB thread about them and there is two schools of thought as to they are too big or not .
One feller claims that a std EA82T header is very small internally - something like 1.125" which is ~ 28.5mm .
Someone at USMB reckons they measured the TWE one and it was 1.75" at the head flanges and 1 6/8" (yes they said that I suppose meaning 1 3/4") at the up pipes .

I like the way that the usually short turbo side pipe runs forward then does a 180 and heads back and up through the cross member gap to the turbo .
The pipes don't look equal length but its a lot better than the std horror header .

Ideas ?

Also while I'm here , I want to ask them about making an adapter/spacer to jack the thermostats housing up so that the turbos water return pipe can return heigher up and not have cooling issues with bulkier TD04's that won't sit as low as the std IHI does .

Cheers A .

BlackMale
General Member

Post by BlackMale » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:29 pm

Search is your friend here. I think if you look for "power up pipe" thread on this site. I think Gannon increased the diameter of his as well and showed detailed pictures. When i have more time i'll post the link if you have no success/someone else does not do it.
Toyota 105 Series LandCruiser (that nobody on here wants to really hear about).
RX Touring Wagon - fitted out for 4WDing (currently collecting dust).
RX Project - will be road only at this stage (and currently taking way to long to finish).

Return to “Exhausts”