i need help

nickg

i need help

Post by nickg » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:48 pm

hey
im new to all of this car stuff n dont really no much about them...i just brought a 02 RS and i was just wondering wat exauhst should i put on it to make rumble like a rex
if you could help it would be great
cheers

Kieren

Post by Kieren » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:50 pm

why dont u copy the milo tin part at the end of the system?

i stuck a 2.5" all the way from the cat back on my ej22... that rumbles nicely without making everyone look around for the wrx...
1989 L Series Wagon
3" lift, 27/8.5/R14 Muddies
EJ22

VS3800

Post by VS3800 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:58 pm

^^ What a rubbish reply..

2.5".. ok.... what/how many mufflers, they make a bit of difference hey? lol

milo tin gag was gay also.

Id try and get a set of uel headers, and a 2.5" with a single straight through resonator in the centre. Will be loud and burble a fair bit. But depends how loud you want it, or how much drone you can put up with..

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:58 pm

VS3800 wrote:^^ What a rubbish reply..

2.5".. ok.... what/how many mufflers, they make a bit of difference hey? lol

milo tin gag was gay also.

Id try and get a set of uel headers, and a 2.5" with a single straight through resonator in the centre. Will be loud and burble a fair bit. But depends how loud you want it, or how much drone you can put up with..
Big words for a newbie. I'm not saying that you don't know what you're talking about, I'm just saying that you could have been more polite about it. The point of these threads is to have everyone put in their experience and what they've tried etc.

The milo tin is a running joke through many threads - it started out with a you tube video of some american guys taking the piss outta the japanese cannon mufflers...

Maybe you should read the forum terms and conditions in reference to the gay comment too.

Back on topic, I think with exhausts you need to check out what others have done, get an idea of what you want (mix and match if you like) then go and have a chat to a reputable exhaust place and see what they reckon you're after from the description of what you want - make your final decision from there...

My 2c

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

VS3800

Post by VS3800 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:53 am

El_Freddo wrote:Big words for a newbie. I'm not saying that you don't know what you're talking about, I'm just saying that you could have been more polite about it. The point of these threads is to have everyone put in their experience and what they've tried etc.

The milo tin is a running joke through many threads - it started out with a you tube video of some american guys taking the piss outta the japanese cannon mufflers...

Maybe you should read the forum terms and conditions in reference to the gay comment too.

Back on topic, I think with exhausts you need to check out what others have done, get an idea of what you want (mix and match if you like) then go and have a chat to a reputable exhaust place and see what they reckon you're after from the description of what you want - make your final decision from there...

My 2c

Cheers

Bennie
Newbie on this forum yes. Others not so.

Ok i guess i could have been... but seriously the milo tin isnt a running gag.. for one its just not funny, and theres not one automotive forum that doesnt overuse that 'gag'. Sorry its just something i think maybe a 10yo may laugh at.

Also back on topic, just go to an exhaust place and talk to them, most of the time they will fit something and you can go back and chop out/try different mufflers with them, most places are quite happy to do this.

phillatdarwin

Post by phillatdarwin » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:12 am

put a new one on it so it is very big and it will sound good as well

VS3800

Post by VS3800 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:04 pm

phillatdarwin wrote:put a new one on it so it is very big and it will sound good as well
I hope you arent serious.. if so, you need to get help.

Return to “Exhausts”