Exhaust system ideas

Liberty'92

Exhaust system ideas

Post by Liberty'92 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:49 am

Hey i just brought a 92' Suba Liberty it has a rumble already but i want it louder, should i get extractors and 2" through or 2" and no extractors?
Im not getting a cannon just a chrome tip at the end.

or... should i get just a cannon for now?

Cheers.

Liberty'92

Post by Liberty'92 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:51 pm

bumpety bump

1990Brumby

Post by 1990Brumby » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:38 pm

I had a brumby with extractors, straight through 2" pipe and two hotdogs, made for a very loud car, But nice :] *note not road legal* This is the same setup as the owner of my local exhaust shop has on his liberty wagon. And his car turns heads as he drives down the street.

But it had a nice note with a glass resonator where the second muffler sits.

inflames83

Post by inflames83 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:17 pm

I have a subaru 84 Leone with a 2" exhaust system fitted after the 1st muffler, then straight through to a lukey high-flow muffler. It sounds awesome, just like a wrx, not to loud and still street legal. Cost $300 for the parts and to have it custom made and fitted.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:27 am

With the above suggestions, remember that the liberty has a larger stock exhaust to the subi's already mentioned. Leave the Y pipe, this is what gives a nice rumble along with the strange firing order (both right then both left etc).

From what I've read a 2 and a quater (or a half) inch cat back system with a resinator and a straight through muffler up back will do wonders - and a short tip will give you the noise you're after... *from what I've read*

There are quite a few members around here that will be able to tell you what works, you'll just need to pick which system you want to use ;)

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Return to “Exhausts”