99 liberty exhaust system?

eags

99 liberty exhaust system?

Post by eags » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:53 pm

i was wondering what would be the best thing to replace on my muffler to get that subaru bellow i already have a stainless tip but i wasn't sure what i needed to replace in order to get that sound and help would be great :)

someguy

Post by someguy » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:54 pm

either a "hot dog" muffler or a canon would be the best bet to get that boxer rumble.

Both our subies have 2.5" straight pipe to a 5" canon and they have one of the best noises I have ever heard from a car (except the rumble of a small block V8...that can't be beaten)

sound like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaNPzz0QrCs

Normally I would not put a canon on a japanese car as that just screams ricer but I can't resist on subies as the sound is just beautiful
* 1990 L Series Sportswagon (Daily Driver)

* WTB 1982-84 MY 4WD Wagon (Any Condition)

eags

Post by eags » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:34 pm

wow that sounds really good mine is an auto :( i dont know if that makes a difference but im after something that sounds like that but a little less cop magnet :P

im on my red P's at the moment so im a magnet for the cops ahaha would a 2.5" cannon do the trick?

also i dont know if this is legal or not but someone mentioned taking out a resonator?

someguy

Post by someguy » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:58 am

eags wrote:wow that sounds really good mine is an auto :( i dont know if that makes a difference but im after something that sounds like that but a little less cop magnet :P

im on my red P's at the moment so im a magnet for the cops ahaha would a 2.5" cannon do the trick?

also i dont know if this is legal or not but someone mentioned taking out a resonator?
Nah having an auto won't make a difference.

As long as you keep the catalytic converter on it should be completely legal.
* 1990 L Series Sportswagon (Daily Driver)

* WTB 1982-84 MY 4WD Wagon (Any Condition)

Return to “Exhausts”