Exhaust louder on 06 B Spec Liberty

michaelp

Exhaust louder on 06 B Spec Liberty

Post by michaelp » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:13 pm

I have recently purchased a 2006 Liberty GT Spec B. I went to have a 3" stainless exhaust, dump pipe and high flow cat installed today. When the exhaust shop went to fit it all, they called me and explained that my car has 2 cats and that they didnt want to fiddle around with them as they couldnt retune the ECU etc if they did anything to the O2 Sensors in the second cat.

They fitted a 3" X Force cat back exhaust at the moment but it is not very loud after driving it away.

How can i make this louder, and should I visit MRT or someone to fix the issue with the 2 cats and dump pipe and possible ECU retune with this fitting?

hazzard

Post by hazzard » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:34 pm

dont xforce make there systems with the remote muffler one setting its baffled the other is almost a straight threw

littlewhiteute

Post by littlewhiteute » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:46 am

That's interesting, my WRX has 3 cats, one in the up pipe.

I've taken the up pipe cat out, the front O2 sensor is pre cats, so the tune is unaffected.

The second O2 sensor is after the last cat (post cat) and is there to ensure the front O2 sensor is functioning correctly and the cat combination is working.

My car runs just as well if not better after my mods, I can't see why yours won't as well.

On every car I know, all front O2 sensors are pre cat.
Regards

Gary ;)

Return to “Exhausts”