Borla Header issues

Gannon

Post by Gannon » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:04 pm

Non OBDII cars had the OBDII connector so that Subaru could use it for their SSM (subaru select monitor) diagnostic tool that was also compatible with their OBDII cars at the time.

Id say that if your car doesnt have OBDII, then a scan-gauge that operates from the OBDII protocol is unlikely to work.
Current rides: 2016 Mitsubishi Triton GLS & 2004 Forester X
Ongoing Project/Toy: 1987 RX Turbo EA82T, Speeduino ECU, Coil-pack ignition, 440cc Injectors, KONI adjustale front struts, Hybrid L Series/ Liberty AWD 5sp
Past rides: 92 L series turbo converted wagon, 83 Leone GL Sedan, 2004 Liberty GT Sedan & 2001 Outback
------------------------------------------

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:17 pm

Gannon wrote:Non OBDII cars had the OBDII connector so that Subaru could use it for their SSM (subaru select monitor) diagnostic tool that was also compatible with their OBDII cars at the time.

Id say that if your car doesnt have OBDII, then a scan-gauge that operates from the OBDII protocol is unlikely to work.
Thanks Gannon. What is your 2001 Outback?

Gannon

Post by Gannon » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:24 pm

Its non OBDII compatible.

I bought an OBDII scanner off ebay and it doesnt work in my car, but works in the mrs's Forester, which is OBDII

I tried to make a circuit to make a SSM to USB interface, but I couldnt get it to work either. The interface is designed to work with early EJ ECU's but I couldnt get the ECU id so I couldnt get the data feed
Current rides: 2016 Mitsubishi Triton GLS & 2004 Forester X
Ongoing Project/Toy: 1987 RX Turbo EA82T, Speeduino ECU, Coil-pack ignition, 440cc Injectors, KONI adjustale front struts, Hybrid L Series/ Liberty AWD 5sp
Past rides: 92 L series turbo converted wagon, 83 Leone GL Sedan, 2004 Liberty GT Sedan & 2001 Outback
------------------------------------------

Return to “Exhausts”