Exhaust Flame Throwers

Brumby91

Exhaust Flame Throwers

Post by Brumby91 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:10 pm

Has anyone had any experiences with them?
Good or Bad!
How do you hook one up?

Just bored and after seeing some on you tube , I thought I'd ask the question ha ha

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:37 pm

all the info you need here

http://www.oznium.com/forum/topic3313

but what you really want is one of these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... k5cygs_vZg

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

D3V1L

Post by D3V1L » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:39 pm

several ways of doing it.

all of them are a bit wankerish......

davo
no more subarus

[/SIZE] [/color][/B][/color][/SIZE][/color]http://community.webshots.com/user/D3V1L9

Brumby91

Post by Brumby91 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:06 pm

God Damn.... That's it... First thing tomorrow I'm putting one on... I may even have to get a New exhaust fabricated up with twin pipes out the back , with quad outlets!

d_generate
General Member

Post by d_generate » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:30 am

Can't do it with a cat apparently.
98 Libbo with V3 STI running gear. 13.0 @ 105mph with CAI & 3" Zorst:mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKrsF-2JS3M :twisted:

Battlewagon

Post by Battlewagon » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:50 pm

Just had a mental image of a cat, blasting flames from it's rearend.....too funny.

Tweety
General Member

Post by Tweety » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:09 pm

this one got me....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-CPfxHk ... =endscreen

perfect for me. be risking my mufflers though hahah

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tweety trike- EA81 (full reco 2014) 32/36 weber, SPFI manifold, 9.5:1 CR, VW auto.

thunder039

Post by thunder039 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:15 pm

niterida
General Member

Post by niterida » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:18 pm

Nothing wrong with flame throwers. One of my favourite tricks was to turn off the engine of my Kawasaki 900 in the Graham Farmer Tunnel, keep it in gear and clutch out, pump the throttle a few times and then restart it. Was fun to watch the car drivers shit themselves with the almighty bang and 3 foot flame out the back :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tweety
General Member

Post by Tweety » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:21 pm

Thanks thunder039 but at this point I'm avoiding any forthcoming carbon tax...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tweety trike- EA81 (full reco 2014) 32/36 weber, SPFI manifold, 9.5:1 CR, VW auto.

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:53 am

watched a grown man, qualified mechanic, try his best to hook up one of these things on his catted BS ute Commode, great expense, never worked - at all!

tony

Post by tony » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:36 pm

thats all we need another wanker setting fire to the neighbourhood. won't you ever learn fires kill?

tony

Post by tony » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:37 pm

p.s. speaking from last years personal experience.

Tweety
General Member

Post by Tweety » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:17 pm

"thats all we need another wanker setting fire to the neighbourhood. won't you ever learn fires kill? "

Its all fun chat Tony

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:39 pm

brumby91 wrote:Has anyone had any experiences with them?
Good or Bad!
How do you hook one up?

Just bored and after seeing some on you tube , I thought I'd ask the question ha ha
If you want your IQ to match your wheel size perhaps lol :rolleyes:
D3V1L wrote:several ways of doing it.

all of them are a bit wankerish......

davo
+1. You'd have to be a cat converter short of an exhaust to do it ;)
tony wrote:thats all we need another wanker setting fire to the neighbourhood. won't you ever learn fires kill?
+1. Although some people will never learn. Something to do with lack of neurons :p
steptoe wrote:watched a grown man, qualified mechanic, try his best to hook up one of these things on his catted BS ute Commode, great expense, never worked - at all!
BS Commodore? Bull S**t Common Dud! This one really cracked me up lol...some halfwit mechanic working on his lame ass wankerdore trying to make it a bigger wank...& the best he can do is f*** it up haha LMFAO :mrgreen:
niterida wrote:Nothing wrong with flame throwers. One of my favourite tricks was to turn off the engine of my Kawasaki 900 in the Graham Farmer Tunnel, keep it in gear and clutch out, pump the throttle a few times and then restart it. Was fun to watch the car drivers shit themselves with the almighty bang and 3 foot flame out the back :)
Dude...seriously?

No more need be said! :roll:

------------------------------------------------------------------
Just want to thank you all...not only have you given me a good hearty chuckle but also a big boost to my sense of self worth! :mrgreen:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

Brumby91

Post by Brumby91 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:52 pm

Didn't realise we needed YOUR PERMISSION to have a bored imagination. I suggest in any event/ topic that needs to be asked or quizzed must be run past nachaluva first !

Seriously, it was a random topic as I was bored at the time, and no new posts had been put up! Maybe you could help me with my next topic nachaluva ... How to HUG A TREE !

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:24 pm

steptoe wrote:watched a grown man, qualified mechanic, try his best to hook up one of these things on his catted BS ute Commode, great expense, never worked - at all!
Yeah, doing "key bangers" with an EFI engine is a useless exercise that just proves your low level of intelligence. Just think about it - a carb'd engine will still feed fuel into the engine until there's none left in it, even if the ignition is off, so raw fuel is in the exhaust, flick the ignition back on and BANG! You've got yourself a key banger.

Now try the same with an EFI where as soon as the ignition is turned off the fuel injectors no longer feed the engine raw fuel, and thus, no raw fuel in the ignition to burn when you flick the ignition back on. This just proves further that these cowboys don't know their vehicles.

If someone worked out how put a fuel injector into the exhaust with it: A) melting or B) causing a serious fire where you don't want it, that would be the way to go - I'm sure someone's got a product out there that will do it relatively safely.
I see molten muffler being spat out the back... Looks pretty cool though. If you got an injector setup that bypassed the need to rev the engine hard for un-burnt fuel, it would look pretty sweet while cruising along the freeway at night! Might also be a good thing for those carbon tax people - burning up the carbon as it exits the exhaust... maybe.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:31 pm

brumby91 wrote:Didn't realise we needed YOUR PERMISSION to have a bored imagination. I suggest in any event/ topic that needs to be asked or quizzed must be run past nachaluva first !

Seriously, it was a random topic as I was bored at the time, and no new posts had been put up! Maybe you could help me with my next topic nachaluva ... How to HUG A TREE !
You dont need anyone's permission to have an imagination.

Dont be offended by my comments...I'm not offended by yours...

If you need help with your next topic "how to hug a tree", perhaps your flame throwing exhaust might provide some illuminating ideas!

Seriously dude...I'm all for "out there" ideas...but i'm certain you can come up with something better than flame throwers lol.
& if not then expect some criticism. Its nothing personal, its just not a great idea & anyone who makes that kind of modification deserves all the attention they get, whether from MOPs or the boys in blue :rolleyes:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

Return to “Exhausts”