Weekend trip to Cape Cod National Seashore

Discussion on what, where & how to get there ...
Superu

Weekend trip to Cape Cod National Seashore

Post by Superu » Mon May 19, 2008 2:08 pm

Turns out my 215/65/16 Geolandar AT-S' are permissible at CCNS. I just had to sign a waiver that absolved them of any liability should I get stuck with one size under their recommended minimum size.

That signed, an inspection to insure I had the requisite safety equipment, a short video presentation later and voila!

Here are a couple of other shots from the outing. No real issues, though it is very soft sand. Aired down to 10 psi and never came close to being stuck. And, the kids had a blast as usual!

Prior to arriving at CCNS we stopped for a hike and drive at Profile Rock. So named, because the Wampanoag Indians believed the rock formation displayed the profile of their great Chief Massasoit.

Not having been around during the 1600's and my time machine being down for repairs, I'll have to take their word for it!

While we were there, it didn't seem right that the Subie get left out of hill climbing so we gave her a little workout.

Coming down...

Goin' up...

And since we had neither a buddy along nor my trusty Pull-Pal, we decided to leave this section for another day!

A stick check showed the standing water to be over a foot deep and the mud at the bottom very soft.

05 Subaru Outback

"99% of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at..."

The Superu

Return to “Camping and Travel”