Camper Idea's

Discussion on what, where & how to get there ...
lovey80

Camper Idea's

Post by lovey80 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:00 pm

I thought with all the interest with camper trailers these days and Subie owners obviously liking thier off road and camping we could share some Idea's on camping set ups. Below is some photo's of my boat camper set up, since purchasing I cannot fault it as the ultimate boat/camper package. Hope we can share some good idea's here.

First photo is the camper as it travels. Second is the camper unfolded for a short term over night stay. The opened part has two queens size beds inside. The third photo is of the tent completely up with the trailer removed. The fourth is of the ladder going to the penthouse from the downstairs room and the fifth is of the inside of the boat (storage space).

Edited after resizing photo's

Cheers Chris

Outback bloke

Post by Outback bloke » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:09 pm

The set up looks great. I have been contemplating that exact sort of thing for a while now. Did you make it yourself or is it from a trailer/camper company? That set up of yours is one of the ones where you can drive your boat out from underneath isn't it?

Got any more pics?

vincentvega

Post by vincentvega » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:17 pm

thats awesome mate. It looks very heavy though??

if the camper can be detached from the trailer it would be an awesome way to travel
brumbyrunner wrote:And just to clarify the real 4WD thing, Subarus are an unreal 4WD.

lovey80

Post by lovey80 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:20 pm

Well it seems I am already at my limmit and cant upoad anymore photo's. Looks like ill have to try to resize them all. the camper does detach from the camper. The legs that slot into the trailer rotate out lower down by electric motors and lift the camper off the trailer. Once off I drive the boat away, lower it down and add the rest of the tent onto the "penthouse"

any tips for resizing???

Cheers Chris

Gannon

Post by Gannon » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:27 pm

vincentvega wrote:if the camper can be detached from the trailer it would be an awesome way to travel
It looks like it has electric wind down legs on the camper so maybe you can.
Current rides: 2016 Mitsubishi Triton GLS & 2004 Forester X
Ongoing Project/Toy: 1987 RX Turbo EA82T, Speeduino ECU, Coil-pack ignition, 440cc Injectors, KONI adjustale front struts, Hybrid L Series/ Liberty AWD 5sp
Past rides: 92 L series turbo converted wagon, 83 Leone GL Sedan, 2004 Liberty GT Sedan & 2001 Outback
------------------------------------------

subybrumby

Post by subybrumby » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:37 pm

I got excited about these teardrop campers a while back. They look goofy but are practical for a smaller vehicle like the brumby and you can build them as a kit. Can be off road, kitchen at the back and look quite comfy, stronger than a tent. Wife's not impressed but may be a project further up the track. This is an internet photo from England but there's plenty on the net about them. Just do a google search on "teardrop camper." Could be just the thing up rainbow beach or fraser or anywhere I guess.

[ATTACH]1063[/ATTACH]

lovey80

More Photo's

Post by lovey80 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:32 am

The original post has been edited with some more photo's which explains a little more. Yes the whole thing is quite heavy fully loaded- 1.3T. Some more photo's below.

1st is of the trailer after launching the boat showing the 160l fuel tank and army storage boxes
2nd is of the boat with the full clears (Rarely used)
3rd is of the tent in the top end, the original owner/builder took it accross the top before selling it to me.

Cheers Chris

Subyroo

Post by Subyroo » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:30 am

Did anybody know about this Forum?
Peter

lovey80

Post by lovey80 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:36 am

Nope but do now! Who needs this thread with that sort of info getting around. Oh i can feel the reading hours ticking up as I type.

Cheers Chris

Hamish71

Post by Hamish71 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:55 am

I have been looking into very similar trailers, except for the use/storage/cartage of dirt bikes, and a surf ski. The two that I like best at the moment are:

Preferred: (bugger, my preferred manufacturer seems to have disappeared from the web)
Alternate 1.:http://www.motocampertrailers.com.au/information.html
Alternate 2.:http://www.trailermadecampers.com.au/bike_trailers.html
Maybe use the brumby ute:http://www.shippshape.com.au/product.htm (see bottom of page)

Or the more standard approach: http://www.kimberleykampers.com/models/ ... erview.php (bottom of page shows quad, but same for dirt bike)

I will say I had the Trek Bwana up high on my list, but Dave has killed that for me.

Return to “Camping and Travel”