Mountain ride

Discussion on what, where & how to get there ...
Tweety
General Member

Mountain ride

Post by Tweety » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:53 am

I took Tweety over the Victorian alps.

Every year the National 3 Wheelers conduct this run from Lilydale to Bairnsdale, second day Bairnsdale to Porpunkah via Omeo, third day to Melbourne via Whitfield. The reverse the following year.

Tweet had no issues mechanically and achieved a respectable 8.8 L/100kms and 10.2 L/100kms. I'm very happy with that result considering its a 3 speed auto, wind drag and hills. We were cruising slowly though.

I got home and found I had a few minor leaks in the radiator. My fult, mounted it too close to the fins. That was an MR2 radiator. I purchased a Alfa 33 (1979-1990) radiator which is much smalle (only 545mmx245mmx32mm) but it is known to be very efficient and has the same mounts/inlet/outlet.

As for the trip it is one that I look forward to every year. This year about 20 trikes that included spyders, bike trikes and vW style trikes.

Tweety was the envy. A roof and heaters at Mt Hotham (raining and fog) came in handy.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tweety trike- EA81 (full reco 2014) 32/36 weber, SPFI manifold, 9.5:1 CR, VW auto.

Return to “Camping and Travel”