Trip Plan: Coffin Bay meet

Discussion on what, where & how to get there ...
El_Freddo
Master Member

Trip Plan: Coffin Bay meet

Post by El_Freddo » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:02 pm

Ok, so there's been some talk on the forum about the WA crew and the Vic crew meeting "at about the mid point" between melbs and perth. Coffin bay is the chosen middle point.

Dates that have been thrown around are basically the first week of the new year to start driving, meet in Coffin bay somewhere near Friday the 4th or Saturday the 5th of January 2013, leaving maybe a week later...

Thoughts, imput from others? Personally on a side note, I reckon the WA crew should make the whole journey to Vic so we can show you guys a real hill climb :twisted: But it would be a great opportunity for a bunch of WA, SA, Vic, NSW and possibly Qld or NT members to meet up and do the subi talk as well as enjoy some beach driving, which I'm sure this area has.

Looking forward to hearing from interested members.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

87rxturbo

Post by 87rxturbo » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:30 am

Coffin bay is a beautiful little place with heaps of character ,great fishing (both land based and boat) and great dunes/beaches to drive on.
Make sure you try out Almonta beach for salmon if your into that sort of thing as there's some absolute monsters from time to time.We usually cruise along the beach until we find a suitable gutter formation that's nice and close then look for the large dark patches that indicate a school,and pull up there.
My personal best was over 5kg when we had the pilchard kill going back a few years now and had trouble fitting it in the old Coleman esky :-D!
ps. will have a look through the old photo albums and see if i can find some pre-digital pics to scan up of Almonta/Gunyah beach four wheeldriving and salmon fishing.

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:17 pm

You can definitely count me in. I'd like to be there for NYE and wait for others to show up.
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

D3V1L

Post by D3V1L » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:36 pm

ill be keeping my eye on this thread intently

davo
no more subarus

[/SIZE] [/color][/B][/color][/SIZE][/color]http://community.webshots.com/user/D3V1L9

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:38 pm

Don't you mean 2013 Bennie? Jan 2012 has been and gone.

Count me in as it will be uni break! Ive been thinking about driving over for awhile.

The foz should be like a new car by then!

pezimm

Post by pezimm » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:40 pm

Count me in for this! Definitely keen!

I reckon Jan/13 is a good option too.

Pedro.

GONE :( - Forester XT Auto - MY07 with all the goodies
Now occasionally driving a Ford barge...

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:13 pm

taza wrote:Don't you mean 2013 Bennie? Jan 2012 has been and gone.
Thanks Taza - it's been amended now ;) I've only just got used to writing 2012!

Cheers

Bennie

90brumby
General Member

Post by 90brumby » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:29 am

Count me in but I may already b in sa as the misses family is there so might b doing Christmas there and depending on my other car I may have hatcie and a patrol wagon will c how things go. As time gets closer
The New Owner Of hatchie
A 00 outback for doner car
2 door wrx being restored

owned plently of other subis before

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:49 am

Its only 2300km each way for us WA guys. You Vic and NSW guys (and gals) only have to travel 600km or so. Would be well worth it though.. Convoy accross the Nullarbor!

Wagonman

Post by Wagonman » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:18 am

I'll throw my name in for this. Definitely keen but obviously theres alot to factor in. On the plus side theres still plenty of time to sort out all the issues i found and caused on the last trip across i did!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:52 pm

taza wrote:You Vic and NSW guys (and gals) only have to travel 600km or so.
I think you need to check out your distance measurements... 600km would get us over the Vic/SA border! Otherwise I would have probably been there years ago!

Cheers

Bennie

MTB92

Post by MTB92 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:19 pm

I am most definitely interested, however have no idea what i will be doing then and if i would actually be able to go. i will also keep an eye on this :D

and to be honest, i cant think of anything much better than a line of lifted subies going accross the nullabor 8)

Robbie

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:39 pm

El_Freddo wrote:I think you need to check out your distance measurements... 600km would get us over the Vic/SA border! Otherwise I would have probably been there years ago!

Cheers

Bennie
I just took a random guess. Im really keen and by then I should have my foz to where I want it :cool:

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:10 am

Yeah.. I did the google calc the other day and it was close to being half way.. would be more for the guys coming from Qld or the likes of Dane in Tom Price ;)
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:17 am

taza wrote:I just took a random guess. Im really keen and by then I should have my foz to where I want it :cool:
That'd be a quick turn around mate! I've had Ruby Scoo for 7 years now and she's still not where I want her, but she's VERY close now :D Pretty much just a gearbox to go and a camp setup with the odd electrical thing to go in too...

I've not told Kez until now... so I've got some talking to do to bring her around. Dunno what we'll be doing at that time of year but hopefully we'll have some travel coin to see it through!

I'm still happy to organise though!

Cheers

Bennie

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:04 pm

El_Freddo wrote:That'd be a quick turn around mate! I've had Ruby Scoo for 7 years now and she's still not where I want her, but she's VERY close now :D Pretty much just a gearbox to go and a camp setup with the odd electrical thing to go in too...
Some money will be coming into my hands within the next few weeks so the plan is to organise what needs to be done to my foz and get her sorted and reliable.
The oil bunring is right up with, with finishing off the SC (coming along very well and working on it every few days), new gearbox with abit of fruit since it needs replacing anyway and front Subaxtreme bar. After that I will call it a day for awhile.
Although more things would be nice once she is in a reliable, well functioning state and decently capable offroad I will be happy.
I've not told Kez until now... so I've got some talking to do to bring her around. Dunno what we'll be doing at that time of year but hopefully we'll have some travel coin to see it through!

It would be great if you both could make it. If not then it would almost be worth making the extra trip over to you :D

Jerrad

Post by Jerrad » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:31 pm

Ill stick my hand up for this! =) it would be sweet to see a butt load of offroad subys all lined up! If Im in the country Ill be there! =)
Thanks! Jerrad!
OFFROAD NOOB MODDING

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:35 pm

I have trouble planning next week but what the hell...count me in :cool:

Us Vic fishermen wont know what hit us with the big SA salmon but in that part of the world I reckon I'll be trying for an elusive big bastard mulloway :mrgreen:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

Brumby Kid
General Member

Post by Brumby Kid » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:41 pm

No idea what il be doing then but hopefully can come.
Il be at the end of my L's with about a month to go before my P's.
Il be packing the golf clubs and playing the new nullabor course if I can!
http://www.nullarborlinks.com/
Then might head back over with the W.A. Boys and go to Esperance and catch up with family.
When life gives you a corner, drop a gear, pitch, and stomp the loud pedal
Bianca: 1991 Subaru Brumby
My First / Project car

EA81 Rebuilt by Tony Knight from knight Engines
2" body lift
25" 185r14 Yokahama Delivery Star, light truck tyres
2" Sports exhaust
Rear Aguip step/bar
Liberty seats
"Bianca"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dads Car: 02 Impreza WRX STi
Mums Car 08 Liberty Wagon

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:36 am

El_Freddo wrote:That'd be a quick turn around mate! I've had Ruby Scoo for 7 years now and she's still not where I want her, but she's VERY close now :D Pretty much just a gearbox to go and a camp setup with the odd electrical thing to go in too...

Cheers

Bennie
You can do it Bennie ;) Plenty of time to save.. just stop buying more L's.. I'm just laughing to myself as I'm just thinking of buying another car :rolleyes:

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Camping and Travel”