Fishing in Kalbarri

Discussion on what, where & how to get there ...
Kalbarri_baru

Fishing in Kalbarri

Post by Kalbarri_baru » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:12 pm

If anyone is looking for a Fishing trip then how about giving Kalbarri a go, We have Horrocks 80km South of Kalb, Port Gregory 60km South of Kalb, Lucky Bay 40km South of Kalb and Wagoe 20km South of Kalb.

And most of this is beach with some exceptional dunes at Lucky bay, best of all if you need any fishing advice then you only have to contact me @ Kalbarri Sports and Dive (Tackleshop) or view our new website that is optimized for Iphones and Android.

All the fishing info you need is at www.river2ocean.com there are GPS locations from Hutt River to Kalbarri, check it out and hope to see you here in Kalbarri soon.

Wayne.....................

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:24 pm

Hey mate, do you have a blue L-Series Sportswagon? I have seen it a heap of times parked out front on the grass near the Sports & Dive shop..
I'm from Kalbarri... :D Certainly is an awesome place for fishing and Lucky Bay just tops all the beaches, especially the ones in Perth!

I reckon a heap of us Perth guys should go up for a long weekend, well worth the trip..

Kalbarri_baru

Post by Kalbarri_baru » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:46 pm

Yeah that's the one parked out the front of the shop, only had this one for two months, but my old one was a stock 90 l series with HID spotties, Rod holders and Shimanno stickers.

The New one has a two inch lift, 14inch rims and Maxxis Bravo 27's, grey in colour, needs a heap of work done on it and I think the front right CV is on its way out as it started making noises up River last night.

Yeah well if anyone is interested, I am more than happy to put together ideas for a Kalbarri run, hey its only a days drive from Perth and has so much to offer with River, Beaches, Dunes and at Wagoe some of the best land based Mackie Fishing W.A has to offer this side of Quobba, by the way the owners of Wagoe are friends of mine, I also work for them as a tour guide for the Wagoe Quad Bike Tours.

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:08 am

Hi Wayne, Thanks for the call, it was great to have a chat. I'll be up for a trip to Kalbarri if these is any room left ;)

Love the website and I'll be happy to play with those 80cm Tailor on light gear.

I'll keep my eye out for some bits for ya. Maybe? we can get Bennie to take a few really good pics of his Scorpion rim, then I'll let you know about these others.
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

niterida
General Member

Post by niterida » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:30 am

Kalbarri_baru wrote: Yeah well if anyone is interested, I am more than happy to put together ideas for a Kalbarri run, hey its only a days drive from Perth and has so much to offer with River, Beaches, Dunes and at Wagoe some of the best land based Mackie Fishing W.A has to offer this side of Quobba, by the way the owners of Wagoe are friends of mine, I also work for them as a tour guide for the Wagoe Quad Bike Tours.
I'm keen - especially when its only an hours drive for me :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:42 am

Kalbarri_baru wrote:its only a days drive from Perth and has so much to offer with River, Beaches, Dunes and at Wagoe some of the best land based Mackie Fishing W.A has to offer this side of Quobba,
When I was over there, we had a go at the mulloway in the river as it was high...man thats entrance is insane to watch boats come in! & I cant imagine stopping a big mulloway with that big rock just downstream. Mulloway are very intelligent fish & I just know thats where they would head straight for :rolleyes:

Where's the land based Mackie Fishing? We missed out on that one...then again we didnt do very well anywhere, only couple small tailor off the beach :(

We were in my bro's CRV, had to get snatched out lol :D

Then again, we didnt know how important airing down is, with 20PSI I'm sure he would've made it out easy
by the way the owners of Wagoe are friends of mine, I also work for them as a tour guide for the Wagoe Quad Bike Tours.
I saw an awesome episode of "Adventure Bound" where they used quad bikes to get to that land spit between the lagoon & the ocean & fished in the outflow of the river. They got some thumper mulloway :cool:

Man, I'm so jealous of you guys.... :D
niterida wrote:I'm keen - especially when its only an hours drive for me :smile:
I'm keen as mustard...but its a tad too far lol ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:34 am

Was that you driving out of town yesterday arvo through the national park in a blue lifted L-Series?

Someone did and they waved... I was driving dads Mazda ute..

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:52 pm

Wayne you drove past me again today at 5.30. I was in mums Scoob XV (white one) pulling out of the bottle shop...
What kind of lift you got in that thing?

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:02 am

RSR 555 wrote:Maybe? we can get Bennie to take a few really good pics of his Scorpion rim, then I'll let you know about these others.
As if I need to! I've already got some better than "really good" pics of these!

Seriously, just check them out here ;) If you need anymore let me know, I've got tonnes and I'm happy to take more :twisted: I would like a second spare rim for those long trips though - if you happen to see one in your travels let me know :D

Any good 4wd'n out to these fishing spots?

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:52 am

El_Freddo wrote:Any good 4wd'n out to these fishing spots?
Depends how far out of town you wanna go. 5min or 30mins.
5mins from town there is a small bit of beach which you can drive on(very soft sand) and the fishing is alright. The place is Wittecarra Creek. Took the XV their yesterday to test it out somemore :D The traction control system is the only crappy thing about it on sand!

Then 30mins out of town is Lucky Bay or Wagoe, both with heaps of 4WD on beach and dunes, great fishing and camping.. Only thing is that in the holidays there are heaps of tourists :(
I usually just ride the quad bike straight from my house down there with the fishing rods and esky strapped on :cool:

Not the best pics but all I could find on the internet. Bennie you'd love the beach and dunes there!

The other side of the lagoon from the first pic I posted..

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:37 pm

taza wrote:I reckon a heap of us Perth guys should go up for a long weekend, well worth the trip..
+1 for this.. after just getting back from Kalbarri, I can say there is some great places to see and do. I've been up ther many times but never seen been off the main road.. was awesome to see.

Big thanks to Wayne (top bloke by the way) who showed me around in his "Lifted" L.Series. From Hutt River to up the Murchison, there was plenty of great spots to fish, camp and enjoy the natural beauty of this part of WA.

I would love to make a plan to make a trip up there. I'm thinking that we could make it over a long weekend and start from Horricks (5.5 hrs north of Perth) then make the trip to Kalbarri via the beach over the 3 or 4 days.

Anyone interested?
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

niterida
General Member

Post by niterida » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:22 am

I'd be keen - just gotta make sure it is on my days off :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:16 pm

niterida wrote:I'd be keen - just gotta make sure it is on my days off :)
Do you have a set roster? or is it constantly changing?

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

90brumby
General Member

Post by 90brumby » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:55 pm

I'm keen depending on time off with my new job
The New Owner Of hatchie
A 00 outback for doner car
2 door wrx being restored

owned plently of other subis before

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:23 pm

Any news whether the planned fishin' trip went ahead? Been dying to see some pics....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

Kalbarri_baru

Gday Taza

Post by Kalbarri_baru » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:06 pm

Heya bloke,
sorry about my slow replies, I do not seem to have much time to get on the internet now days, and with the stupidly (is that a word ??) slow internet speed over the holidays I just could not be bothered, but hey if ya see me again pull me over and say Gday, but yes I have a Silver Blue lifted 93 L Series Sportswagon with two tiny square LED spotties on the front, and Liquid Milita stickers on the front and the back.

Like I said just pull me over or even pop in to the shop and say Gday.

Cheers WayneO....................

niterida
General Member

Post by niterida » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:17 pm

Paul (RSR 555) and I are thinking of doing a beach trip from say Horrocks to Kal over the Anzac weekend. Any other takers ?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kalbarri_baru

Post by Kalbarri_baru » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:05 pm

Horrocks to Kal, "bring it on" this trek is quite pleasant and in some parts can be a bit of a challenge, mind you Anzac Weekend I might be working, might talk to Boss Man and try to swap a day somewhere, Anzac Day is Thurs 25th April 2013, what I can do is post a map of the area between Horrocks and Kalbarri in google maps that will show all the tracks and some good stops in between, "STAY TUNED"

niterida
General Member

Post by niterida » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:29 pm

Sounds good - except the "can be a bit of a challenge" bit - I only have a standard Outback :(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kalbarri_baru

Track Made in Google Maps

Post by Kalbarri_baru » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:52 pm

Heyas, just completed the track from Horrocks to Kalbarri just click HERE hope the link works, or you can copy and paste to your browser this link http://goo.gl/maps/NHXh4 .

Cheers WayneO.................

Return to “Camping and Travel”