Fishing in Kalbarri

Discussion on what, where & how to get there ...
Kalbarri_baru

Gday Taza

Post by Kalbarri_baru » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:06 pm

Heya bloke,
sorry about my slow replies, I do not seem to have much time to get on the internet now days, and with the stupidly (is that a word ??) slow internet speed over the holidays I just could not be bothered, but hey if ya see me again pull me over and say Gday, but yes I have a Silver Blue lifted 93 L Series Sportswagon with two tiny square LED spotties on the front, and Liquid Milita stickers on the front and the back.

Like I said just pull me over or even pop in to the shop and say Gday.

Cheers WayneO....................

niterida
General Member

Post by niterida » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:17 pm

Paul (RSR 555) and I are thinking of doing a beach trip from say Horrocks to Kal over the Anzac weekend. Any other takers ?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kalbarri_baru

Post by Kalbarri_baru » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:05 pm

Horrocks to Kal, "bring it on" this trek is quite pleasant and in some parts can be a bit of a challenge, mind you Anzac Weekend I might be working, might talk to Boss Man and try to swap a day somewhere, Anzac Day is Thurs 25th April 2013, what I can do is post a map of the area between Horrocks and Kalbarri in google maps that will show all the tracks and some good stops in between, "STAY TUNED"

niterida
General Member

Post by niterida » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:29 pm

Sounds good - except the "can be a bit of a challenge" bit - I only have a standard Outback :(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kalbarri_baru

Track Made in Google Maps

Post by Kalbarri_baru » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:52 pm

Heyas, just completed the track from Horrocks to Kalbarri just click HERE hope the link works, or you can copy and paste to your browser this link http://goo.gl/maps/NHXh4 .

Cheers WayneO.................

Kalbarri_baru

Post by Kalbarri_baru » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:14 am

I could also ease the load a bit with Tucker, if I can get an indication of how many thinking about this trip I would be able to organize a sheep or two (Food purposes only NOT Entertainment LOL), and my place has 4 spare beds.

And a shower if ur thinking of doing the trip on the cheap, I can also map out some free camp spots, you will not have to worry about bait either as I can take care of that, I am also willing to make up a few Tailor rigs if needed.

Cheers WayneO

niterida
General Member

Post by niterida » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:36 pm

Yeah lets put this in a separate thread to see what sort of interest we get.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kalbarri_baru

Post by Kalbarri_baru » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:38 pm

No worries, but what do you mean by put this in another thread ????

95Liberty

Post by 95Liberty » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:46 pm

I might be in for that.

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:11 pm

Hey Paul are you still up for the trip? If you get my motor done, I'll be keen to test her out, especially at lucky bay :P

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:05 am

Seeing as I'm stuck over east in the land of giant whiting lol (not!), I'm keen to hear of some good fishing exploits ;)

PS: has anyone been having a go at the salmon? I think the run ends in April?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:21 am

NachaLuva wrote:Seeing as I'm stuck over east in the land of giant whiting lol (not!), I'm keen to hear of some good fishing exploits ;)

PS: has anyone been having a go at the salmon? I think the run ends in April?
nah the proper run starts in april. Easter weekend is always a very popular time down in the southern corner of WA for salmon.

The last few years the water has been too warm, pushing the salmon out wide and deep. Its been a pretty under-average last couple of years!
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)
my02 Gen3 Liberty limited ed.

previously
L-series wagon, LSD, EJ20turbo, 29in tyres, 'wanky wagon'
2000 gen3 outback, lifted, otherwise stock.

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:55 pm

95Liberty wrote:I might be in for that.
Matt, see this thread...
showthread.php?t=23185&highlight=kalbarri
taza wrote:Hey Paul are you still up for the trip? If you get my motor done, I'll be keen to test her out, especially at lucky bay :P
Yessiree.. and you better get all you stuff ready as I have a few engines to build before I go away on this trip
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:23 pm

taza wrote:Hey Paul are you still up for the trip? If you get my motor done, I'll be keen to test her out, especially at lucky bay :P
RSR 555 wrote: Yessiree.. and you better get all you stuff ready as I have a few engines to build before I go away on this trip
Thats what you've been waiting to hear :D

Quick mate, get it all together so you have time to build it, put it in, reflash & sort out any bugs. Then hit the sand & let us all know how it goes 8-)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:49 pm

^ I'm ready now Paul :D I do have one small problem trying to get the pistons out but I'll just bring the whole lot down and see if you can help sort it out ;) You said you can get the block cleaned up and a light hone so I'll go that option. I have all the new stuff and the heads are done. When do you get back mate?

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:51 am

taza wrote:^ I'm ready now Paul :D I do have one small problem trying to get the pistons out but I'll just bring the whole lot down and see if you can help sort it out ;) You said you can get the block cleaned up and a light hone so I'll go that option. I have all the new stuff and the heads are done. When do you get back mate?
I can but you'll need to come down asap, as the acid bath and hone will take a bit of time.

I'm back home late on the 4th of April
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

Kalbarri_baru

Post by Kalbarri_baru » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:04 pm

Will be working throughout that period (Peak Season in a Tourism Town) however I am working on the Boss to get at least one day off to join in, I will be catching up with you guys after work daily when I can.

Does anyone require anything from my end, example is I have Maxx Traxx, a six person tent, collapsible BBQ hotplate with wind break, Compressor, Staun's set to 15psi, 5m x 5m shade sail, solar panel (80w folding with MPPT controller and two car batteries), Paul if you want to arrange this with the others as to what you guys would like to borrow then let me know and I will organize it and bring it down the first night you arrive (Horrocks ? Port Gregory ? Lucky Bay ? Wagoe ?).

I will be providing all with Tailor rigs (you will need your own sinkers though) and if you need bait I will have a heap of fresh Mullet.

My unit will be available to all whilst you are in Kalbarri (4 spare beds, a shower, Washing Machine or to kick back and relax).

Anything else I can help with just let me know.

Cheers WayneO..........................
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Camping and Travel”