Long Trip suggestions

Discussion on what, where & how to get there ...
SuBaRiNo

Long Trip suggestions

Post by SuBaRiNo » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:19 pm

As some of you know Tim and I are most probably going to head over to the BYB BBQ this year and we have begun to put some thought into what we will need to take on our trip.

Just wanted to open this up to get some ideas on suggestions of things u think we should take and things that maybe u have needed and not had on your own trips.

Also how much water we shoult take... jerry can size??? etc etc

Dave
EJ conversion wiring harness cut downs available. Please PM or email (davem2000@hotmail.com) for details.

Suba
General Member

Post by Suba » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:35 pm

Do make sure you take at least 2 spare cv boots ,I had to make them out of inner tubes and it was a pain it the ass not to mention the hands when I burnt myself on the hot cv joints.A 20 litre jerry for water should be more than enough as there is plenty of water available all along the way,are you just going to be using small tents are you dave.

Mike.
ImageImage

SuBaRiNo

Post by SuBaRiNo » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:06 pm

Depends what your defination of small is.... But using tents was the plan... SEPERATE tents... there will be no Broke Back Mountain action. It's a 3 Gay man tent... meaning it's ok for 2 straight men.

Dave
EJ conversion wiring harness cut downs available. Please PM or email (davem2000@hotmail.com) for details.

Suba
General Member

Post by Suba » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:18 pm

Yeah Suuuurrreeee it is Daveeee , does Tim know the setup yet does he .:)

Mike.
ImageImage

SuBaRiNo

Post by SuBaRiNo » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:31 pm

He does now.

Dave

PHATnob

Post by PHATnob » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:40 pm

If U got an my (which I think U do), then Take a left and a right strut tower top, cause the MY ones seem to break a lot, if under bouncy conditions (hehe). I have also snapped a tortion bar once too lol.
Also may pay to take a control arm, or two, these like to bend sometimes.
Small socket set is very useful.
Take jerry can of fuel, One of water, also a bag of choc coated peanuts, cause they fill U up and save U eatin into supplies if U get bored ha, eh fatz :p.
A spade, bout ten metres of rope, a hammer (towing ect.), 2 D shackles, and some small lumps of dressed (planed and squared) wood, for using jack if ground is sandy or something similar.
Spare tyre, or two, and a electric pump, or a foot one.

Most importantly, take bog roll lol.

..PN

SuBaRiNo

Post by SuBaRiNo » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:46 pm

Thanks for the suggestions.... doesn't look like we are going any more. :(

I used to have the same problem with my strut tops... a mate and I designed a strut restrictor that suits the MY... limits the amount of movement u get out of the top and also... if some how u do happen to brake one the strut can in no way dislodge making the car non-driveable.

My mate and i both have a set and we have never broken a strut top ever since and we are rather hardcore offroaders. I also found it even saved my strut top when i had my ball joint snap in half and the wheel went forward under the guard. Restrictor saved the whole wheel from ripping off and the strut top remains problem free. I should put some pics up of it.

Dave

smoov

Post by smoov » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:20 pm

what happened? why aren't you coming over east anymore?
1998 Subaru Legacy GTB

BlackMale
General Member

Post by BlackMale » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:23 pm

Cause theyjust found out what we were going to do here and they decided thatthey want to stay in WA and bust it up with us LOL
Toyota 105 Series LandCruiser (that nobody on here wants to really hear about).
RX Touring Wagon - fitted out for 4WDing (currently collecting dust).
RX Project - will be road only at this stage (and currently taking way to long to finish).

SuBaRiNo

Post by SuBaRiNo » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:50 pm

Tims car wont be ready... and even if it is there will not be sufficient time to test the car before the trip. I can still go if i found someone else that has the money, the time off, an A1 vehicle and wanting to go there and back within 2 weeks.

Dave

Suba
General Member

Post by Suba » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:52 pm

Come on Dave , just get the motor in two days before you leave and test it with the trip , thast what we did when we went in 2003 :).
You really need to take that extra week off dave and make the trip with us .

Mike.
ImageImage

SuBaRiNo

Post by SuBaRiNo » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:04 pm

Im lucky to get any time off at all... We are soo busy at work it's not funny. The boss is already sad im going for 2 weeks... he has had to book in the work for around the weeks im away. There is an awful lot of work that gets done there that only i can do. :(

Dave

Return to “Camping and Travel”