13inch Sunnies

Get the low down on your ride ...

Moderator: Junior Administrator

benfaira

13inch Sunnies

Post by benfaira » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:48 am

Just wondering on what the going rate for a set of 13 inch sunnies is? I just got another L series and it only has steel rims. I have 14inch after market rims (King I think) on my daily driver but they do suck a bit down low with the gearing, so wanted to put 13's on the second wagon.

Another question after reading the forums. Are there different sunnies (stock) for MY and L series? Does anyone know the different offsets?

Cheers,

Ben

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:14 pm

benfaira wrote:Just wondering on what the going rate for a set of 13 inch sunnies is?
Really I've got no idea - probably the value of a steelies. Best to find a set and barter. If you find a set in a yard you'll probably get them for cheap, I picked up four with snow tyres last year for $60 the set. Gold.

All the best.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

benfaira

Post by benfaira » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:56 pm

I'd be grinning if i found a set for $60! Best I have found is $47 a rim from Wheels in Ballarat. They have been blasted and coated though. I want a set bad but it's for a second car so not important. The second car was meant to be for parts but it's better than the one I'm driving!

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:45 pm

I got them from the old centre road wreckers, they've changed their name to something I don't ever remember other than it starts with an "I".
Best place to find them from would be this place, pick-a-part in kilsyth or campbellfield or Jolly's in dandenong... Generally private yard operators are small scale and parts will be worth more to them than these larger parts yards in melbourne.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Mattallica

Post by Mattallica » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:31 am

G'day Ben,

I have a set of 5 x 13inch sunnies for sale if you are still looking. Tyres need replacing, except for the spare which is like new.
PM me if you are interested

Cheers, Matt
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

brado

Post by brado » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:33 pm

u can buy em brand new in berridale nsw for 60 bucks ea 13 inch..i had trouble untill i found these..send me a message and i will get u the number..

brado

Post by brado » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:36 pm

benfaira wrote:I'd be grinning if i found a set for $60! Best I have found is $47 a rim from Wheels in Ballarat. They have been blasted and coated though. I want a set bad but it's for a second car so not important. The second car was meant to be for parts but it's better than the one I'm driving!
thats funny..my second brumby for parts goes better aswell than my good one!!never meant to get it on the road but i think it has another ten yrs left in her easy..

Mr Paz

Post by Mr Paz » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:53 pm

@El_Freddo CRW is now called Imlachs.

and I have a set of 13" sunnies, well ive got 6, 2 are 5.5" wide, others are 5" wide.
make me an offer man, 4 have good tyres, 2 will come without tyres.
It might be scrap metal with wheels, but its MY scrap metal with wheels and I love her dearly!
(MY82 Leone GLF Coupe)
bent, twisted, rusted out, electrical faults and useless rubber seals, still the only car i got that starts every time i try. no matter the weather, or how long its been sitting. or whatever... unconditional love.

Return to “Brakes, Wheels and Tyres”