Does anybody know the specs of an MY09 Impreza RS hatch rim?

Get the low down on your ride ...

Moderator: Junior Administrator

Gilly95

Does anybody know the specs of an MY09 Impreza RS hatch rim?

Post by Gilly95 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:17 pm

Hi all,

I have purchased a pearl white my09 Impreza RS hatch and am seriously considering putting after market rims on. I am curious to know the specs of the stock rims, I know they are 17"x7.0 alloys stock with a 5x100 studd pattern but I am not sure of the offset and am finding it difficult to find the offset specs.

In saying this, I have no idea what offset means... Does anybody have an indication of the size, width and offset of aftermarket rims I could purchase which will not affect my stock set up such as rolling guards etc and will fit straight on?

HELP! THANKS!
Attachments
photo.jpg
photo.jpg (121.71 KiB) Viewed 1290 times

littlewhiteute

Post by littlewhiteute » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:03 am

My 2002 WRX has 17 x 7 factory alloys.

Yours will be similar.

From under the car, look on the inside of the spokes until you find "MADE IN JAPAN, 17 X 7JJ 55".

The "55" is the offset.

Which means the hub face is 55mm AWAY from the centre of the rim width towards the outside of the wheel.

A "0", (Zero") offset has the same amount of wheel either side of the hub face.
Regards

Gary ;)

Gilly95

Post by Gilly95 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:18 am

Thanks for the reply Gary!

Next question, what offset could I go down to without changing my stock setup? Would a 42 offset fit on the wheel arch?

Also in regards to the width of the rim, I would imagine it would alter the offset.. Am I right?

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:51 am

Hi and Welcome to AUSubaru Gilly95 :cool:

Best to check your wheel (like Gary said) to see what your offset is before going any further. I personally wouldn't change it from what standard is, otherwise you'll put extra pressures on your wheel bearings. As for going a little wider, I'd check your clearences between the tyre and strut first. You might find the RS model is already the widest possible. Also, check with your insurance on what wheels you can fit, you really don't want your insurance knocking back your claim, just because you have 'non standard' wheels on it.
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:36 pm

Any offset other than 55 will shorten life of the bearings, you also need to check the clearance of the struts and fender gaurds as well. That is why i dont bother aftermarket rims.
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1995 Liberty "Rallye" - 5MT AWD, LSD - *written off 25/8/06 in towing accident.
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page
Sold at 385,000kms in July 2011.
2007 Liberty BP Wagon, 2.5i automatic

Return to “Brakes, Wheels and Tyres”