Modified Wheels for L-series

Get the low down on your ride ...

Moderator: Junior Administrator

t.ridden

Modified Wheels for L-series

Post by t.ridden » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:10 am

G'day everyone,

I know theres one or two of you out there with an L-series sitting on 15" Hilux rims. just wondering how you went about changing the stud pattern?

Obviously if you've gone mad and done a 6-stud conversion then my question is invalid, but if you've kept the 4- stud how would one modify them?

My thoughts at the moment (this is for offroad use only) is to knock one set (2) opposite studs out of an L-series hub, bolt the new rim to the hub using the remaining 2 studs and use the stud-holes in the hub as a guide to re-drilling the rim. Would this be strong/safe enough without welding/plating the existing holes in the rim?

Thanks in advance :)

Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:17 am

just to wet your taste buds abit, check out this thread.

showthread.php?t=11670&highlight=stud+conversion

theres more info to be had..have a search of the forums.

Alex
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)
my02 Gen3 Liberty limited ed.

previously
L-series wagon, LSD, EJ20turbo, 29in tyres, 'wanky wagon'
2000 gen3 outback, lifted, otherwise stock.

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:57 am

the best way is to do the 6stud conversion... if you want to stay with the 4stud you will fit that two studs would fit in two holes of the hilux 6 studs and you need to drill the two other stud in the rim so that they fit in between the other 4 hilux stud holes.

Hope that makes sense, BUT highly illegal. and the 6stud conversion is much safer... ultimately you need to go with the 5stud Subaru hub conversion.
The project, EJ22 --->>> EJ25 Quad CAM:D touring wagon
Thinking of going on holidays on a little paradise island, Check out http://www.dodolidays.com

Return to “Brakes, Wheels and Tyres”