Whitewall Tyres, painting or portawalls ?

Get the low down on your ride ...

Moderator: Junior Administrator

chinski

Whitewall Tyres, painting or portawalls ?

Post by chinski » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:06 am

I'm thinking i want Whitewall tyres on my Brumby, it's a bit of a sleeper & i think whitewalls would add to the retro / standard look of the car.

i've just fitted new bob jane all rounder tyres so would need to somehow fit whitewalls to these.

anyone know if it's possible to paint witewalls on or anyone used " portawalls" or any other way i can do it ? or anywhere to get them done professionally on the gold coast ?

i've got a before / after here i did in Paint on my laptop & i think it looks pretty decent ??

cheers
chinski
1986 Brumby with MY00 WRX engine :mrgreen:

1983wagon

Post by 1983wagon » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:08 am

Well here in adelaide there's a guy that comes to your home and professionally does it. Check out the adelaide white walls facebook page to see how he does it if you like. I've had couple cars done by him and the quality is awesome. There must be someone that does up your way that you might have to search up.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

badga880

Post by badga880 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:13 pm

Just to let youknow i used to do coloured sidewalls just make sure your tyres are at least 1000 to 1500 k on them to leach out some of the oil otherwise it can discolour your stripe

chinski

Post by chinski » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:02 pm

thanks guys, i google searched for it on the coast here with no luck, i found 3 on facebook in radelaide though !! bring in super detective mrs chinski :

" i found a guy that does it here"

i probably have over 2000 k's on these tyres so should be sweet there, good advice , cheers !

will get it done soon i reckon, $150 for all 4 is pretty good i think

chinski

Post by chinski » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:28 pm

got the whitewalls done today, my mrs found a few mobile businesses but contact details all old & can't find anyone who still does it, the only place we could find here is Gas wheels & tyres in mermaid beach, $150 for the lot & will touch up the paint for free in a month if it fades.

i'm happy with the result ! :D

Return to “Brakes, Wheels and Tyres”