Wrangler tg's much road noise?

Get the low down on your ride ...

Moderator: Junior Administrator

aspro

Wrangler tg's much road noise?

Post by aspro » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:09 pm

Its looking like Wrangler tg's are quickly becoming the only choice given other brand availabilty seems to be disappearing. Obviously an offroad tyre (which is what I want :twisted: ), but can anyone who has them fitted tell me how loud they are on the blacktop.
Also how much would one expect to pay for them.
Cheers,
Aspro

Suba
General Member

Post by Suba » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:18 pm

better make it quick as well , his rear tyres are beyond any resemblance of anything you could call a tyre.

Mike.
ImageImage

stinky

Post by stinky » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:35 am

Road noise isn't too bad ...

I think I paid $120 each last time I bought some.

SuBaRiNo

Post by SuBaRiNo » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:28 pm

If your used to road tyres then i think all 4wd tyres are noisey... once you are used to them they are fine though... trick is to make your exhaust louder than the tyres. LOL

Are they going to stop making BF Goodrich tyres? I originally got my BFs beause of there availability.

Dave
EJ conversion wiring harness cut downs available. Please PM or email (davem2000@hotmail.com) for details.

aspro

Post by aspro » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:10 pm

Are they going to stop making BF Goodrich tyres? I originally got my BFs beause of there availability.
I havent seen or heard any information that would indicate that was the case dave, just every other brand. I was aiming to spend max of 135 per tyre fitted which is why the bfg's were off my radar.
Makes very good sense though, to stick with some thing that you know you can get when your in need. (probably why I'm married!) :P

SuBaRiNo

Post by SuBaRiNo » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:40 pm

Good, im glad they are still making them... That is the very reason i payed the bit extra for them... i liked the idea that i could get hold of a replacement the next day after ordering one.

Maybe u can come for a drive in my car to hear the tyre noises the BFs put out. Might give you a bit of an idea.

Dave
EJ conversion wiring harness cut downs available. Please PM or email (davem2000@hotmail.com) for details.

BlackMale
General Member

Post by BlackMale » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:38 pm

Dave you are the FUNNIEST.
SuBaRiNo wrote:trick is to make your exhaust louder than the tyres. LOL
that cool I get that and will support. However then you say
SuBaRiNo wrote: Maybe u can come for a drive in my car to hear the tyre noises the BFs put out. Might give you a bit of an idea.
Buddy you have to have the loudest rig out of all of us. Between you exhaust and you stereo there is NO WAY aspro will hear the BFG’s (and I do not mean Big Friendly Giant) oh and I thought that I heard that there is no engine in the bay – again just stirring ya.

Go for a ride aspro if nothing else Hatchi is fun. What it is worth my TG’s were not that bad but there was also not that much tread. And for WA (and others maybe) the reason aspro is asking is that I have been shopping for some new boots as well (was going to strap em on for rego) there is very little we can now get in WA in a 27x8.5.14 for 4WDing – basically BFG and TG’s are it, I can not get the Kumho’s (Ventura’s I think that are, well at least in WA if other can get them can you let me know) and Nankang has no listing in the new book so they are not doing them any more either (and they have been in touch with state reps).

Ripped off isolated state.

MUDRAT

Post by MUDRAT » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:54 pm

The only thing I'll say about the BFG All terrains is they can be a little bit dangerous in the wet, other than that they are an amazing tire, I loved them to bits!
Monster Subaru sold to a good home!! Still a Subaru owner. Will try stay in the Ausubaru loop. Sorry :cool:

aspro

Post by aspro » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:35 pm

Maybe u can come for a drive in my car to hear the tyre noises the BFs put out.
Dave I would love to come over drive your car and see just how much noise your tyres can put out. :twisted: I can hardly wait!

Just kidding, as far as noise goes, given I wont have to much choice in tyre, I cant be to fussy. I want to check though because i once drove around Australia on a set of Firestone sherpas... now i am pretty deaf. Dont want to loose any more hearing.

Suba
General Member

Post by Suba » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:05 pm

Last time I was at the Toyo warehouse they had stackes of 27/8.5/14 open countrys there.

Mike.
ImageImage

SuBaRiNo

Post by SuBaRiNo » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:15 pm

Yeah they are priced at around the BFs price though.

Dave

subanator

Post by subanator » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:02 am

Geez, (touch wood), hope I dont blow a tyre, seeing Jaffa has found there are no Nankangs around over here. The state distributor must be asleep at the wheel not to see the potential - LOL.

The BFG's are one of the nicest tyres I have seen, a good choice too.
'03 Forester X, stock standard for now.

'89 EA82T Touring Wagon, 5-speed D/R, 14" alloy wheels, bullbar. (Past ride)

'81 MY wagon, 3" lift, 5-speed D/R, Weber, 14x27" tyres. (Past ride)

mattims

Post by mattims » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:48 am

i've only ridden in hatchi once.. and i dont think fun is the work i would use to describe it. scary would be more appropriate.

BlackMale
General Member

Post by BlackMale » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:29 pm

Nar, Hatchi is fun that Dave fella is a worry though :lol:

SuBaRiNo

Post by SuBaRiNo » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:47 pm

LOL.. Matt has only been in it off road... Jaffa has had a bit of both.

Dave

dirty skirt

Post by dirty skirt » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:49 pm

the tg's are good i had them on my wagon and i think there great but i will be going kumho on my next set though cause i like the tread and i want to see the differance between the to tyres

aspro

Post by aspro » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:06 pm

the tg's are good i had them on my wagon and i think there great but i will be going kumho on my next set though cause i like the tread and i want to see the differance between the to tyres
Thanks for that, can I ask how much you paid for them? and how long ago?

dirty skirt

Post by dirty skirt » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:56 pm

i priced another set about 2 months ago and i think they were about $135 a tyre

Return to “Brakes, Wheels and Tyres”