Captain Cranky's L wags

Show off your Subaru to other members. Tell us a bit about it. What mods you have done or have planned for the near future.
ORX-18

Captain Cranky's L wags

Post by ORX-18 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:22 pm

Sooo, i have my moneypit, and the missus has hers, all 40 pairs of them.....Now she wants an L as well, and im giving up on the 82-T, ive reached the power output cieling of one, im gonna go ej20 next. So, as the story goes...

I purchased one L series touring wagon, with all the fruit, including free rust and a few dints. I have torn down the 82-T that was in the RX and im gonna be parting ways with the camshafts but keeping the forged pistons and using them in a new block with a balanced rotating assembly. Ill be sourcing a standard set of heads and ill portmatch a few items(inlet and exhaust) and ill be running a new 2.125" equal length header pipe to a garret flange. Ill run a garret T28 BB turbo(same as silvia) and small cooler, still deciding on the air to air or water to air. It has a 2" lift and 14" sunraysias, i have a set of 15"x7" superlites in the shed to go on at a later date, with 4wd tyres. Has a roof mounted 2-way, usual stereo mods, pretty mint interior, leccy everything.

So, stage one is a basic tear apart session to get rid of the cancer and fill up some of the rust holes. Engine is currently at the machine shop getting balanced. New front end bushes, new fuel pump(peace of mind), distributor and a haltech F10X were wired in this weekend by me and my trusty neibhour TAHNKS MAL!

Updates to come.

Return to “My Subi”