yet another POM !

Show off your Subaru to other members. Tell us a bit about it. What mods you have done or have planned for the near future.
sholinguteman

yet another POM !

Post by sholinguteman » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:04 am

Hello the forum , just a quick introduction of myself. My name is Maurice (or "MO" for short) I am a longtime Subaru fan but never an owner , till last week that is ;). I live in the deep South of England in the county of Hampshire. I have ALWAYS had a Ute/pick up throughout my life and currently have 4 (though the Mrs says somethings gotta go !). My first car was a 72 HQ Ute (thats got ya thinking hasnt it ? ) and I have had a Ute of some kind ever since. My latest purchase as a daily driver is a dark blue 1993 MV1800/Brumby/Brat with 104,000 on the clock. Only had it a week but Im already hooked. Thanks to fellow English forum member 1111Giles for the introduction to the forum which he assures me is the best around . Anyway thats it for now I look forward to having a chat , best wishes "MO"

ImageImage

sholinguteman

Post by sholinguteman » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:17 am

Whoops reckon I may have put this in the wrong place , can a kind mod move it to the correct section please , thanks "MO"

T'subaru

Post by T'subaru » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:21 am

Nice MV:mrgreen: Cool pooch too, his profile matches your A pillar and roof line:cool:
'86 GL, '89 RX, '89 XT6, '90 T'sunami Wagon

1111giles

Post by 1111giles » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:40 am

Hi Mo - So that's your hound dog eh ? Charcters aren't they ? kinda looks like my avatar hehehe :mrgreen:

Truck looks good too - it looks a good place to start from for your resto - probably do it and keep her mobile ?? It was good to chat the other day, why not post up the piccy's you sent me on this site of the 'elderly statesman' truck?

Oh and Mo - we'd better be fair with these guy's for the next couple of months, I'm told that there is a cricket match or somthing taking place right now :mrgreen:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cheers
Giles.
*Scooby MV / Brumby - Current project & pet truck Weber Carby'd Ea81.Air/Con.4WDiscs.Speedliner tub. Foz seats. Digital Sound. Floodlit interior light. Cobra Security. Gear Shifter Lock + loadsa new parts.
SVX - Silky Sexy & Smooth - just like me ;)
GLF (MY series) Hatchy - "Project 2012"
*Fozzie 2.0 Forester Sport - Wifey's daily driver
*Ozzie Outback Diesel SE nav Spec 2012 MY 6 speeder - My daily driver
* 'Half Cut' Oz Brumby its now totally in bits !:mrgreen

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:21 am

Hi and Welcome Mo :)

Nice truck.. and I spy something nice in the shed too :cool:

Giles.. do you guys over there play cricket?? you might need to send some help down under.. your boys over here aren't doing so well :p
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

1111giles

Post by 1111giles » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:46 am

Giles.. do you guys over there play cricket?? you might need to send some help down under.. your boys over here aren't doing so well :p[/QUOTE]

:mrgreen: I would offer my 'all rounder' services to the England Cricket Team but its about 25 years since I used to open Batting and Bowling for my local side:rolleyes:
I guess I could be a little rusty now. :-D
Just hope its a great series - and may the best team win !
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cheers
Giles.
*Scooby MV / Brumby - Current project & pet truck Weber Carby'd Ea81.Air/Con.4WDiscs.Speedliner tub. Foz seats. Digital Sound. Floodlit interior light. Cobra Security. Gear Shifter Lock + loadsa new parts.

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:59 am

1111giles wrote::mrgreen: I would offer my 'all rounder' services to the England Cricket Team but its about 25 years since I used to open Batting and Bowling for my local side:rolleyes:
I guess I could be a little rusty now. :-D
Just hope its a great series - and may the best team win !
25 yrs might just scrap you in.. I see some of your team are around that age :p

I'm guessing it's going to be a ripper of a series and I'll even have a extra drink (for you) when we win.. hehe
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:05 am

Awesome.. awesome... welcome MO!!!
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1995 Liberty "Rallye" - 5MT AWD, LSD - *written off 25/8/06 in towing accident.
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page
Sold at 385,000kms in July 2011.
2007 Liberty BP Wagon, 2.5i automatic

1111giles

Post by 1111giles » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:37 am

RSR 555 wrote:25 yrs might just scrap you in.. I see some of your team are around that age :p

I can just see me lasting about 20 mins in 30 deg heat bowling ! heheh

I'm guessing it's going to be a ripper of a series and I'll even have a extra drink (for you) when we win.. hehe
Just like that 'extra' drink I had for your birthday the other week eh? Coooor my head the next morning - I'm getting too old for this drinking malarky :mrgreen: Not ready to give up just yet though !:D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cheers
Giles.

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:32 am

MO welcome to the board thats a nice Brumby you have there and an impressive bully

A HQ ute I didn't realise they travelled quite that far :) what was it called the Vauxhall traveller ? or did you spend some time in the Antipodes?

I do know that the holden HQ Statesman was re-badged as a Chevy for a number of countries and was given a 350 cubic inch motor. believe it or not one of those countries was Papua New Guinea.

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:37 pm

Cute pup :) HQ Statos got to South Africa as far as I recall and the odd XY GT got to England, so an HQ ute too ?! I see you have some good old corrugated iron cladding there too. Thought that was an ausssie thing too ?

Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:16 pm

nice bully. nice brumby. :)

poms got no chance this ashes :)

alex
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)
my02 Gen3 Liberty limited ed.

previously
L-series wagon, LSD, EJ20turbo, 29in tyres, 'wanky wagon'
2000 gen3 outback, lifted, otherwise stock.

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:33 pm

1111giles wrote:Just like that 'extra' drink I had for your birthday the other week eh? Coooor my head the next morning - I'm getting too old for this drinking malarky :mrgreen: Not ready to give up just yet though !:D
Me too.. I do miss it when I'm at work :( thankfully this is only a 3 week hitch ;)

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:41 pm

Alex wrote:nice bully. nice brumby. :)

poms got no chance this ashes :)

alex
5 for 160 :( but lucky WA boy Hussey is holding it together ;)

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1111giles

Post by 1111giles » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:21 pm

RSR 555 wrote:5 for 160 :( but lucky WA boy Hussey is holding it together ;)
Brits just warming up - Close 220 /5 keeps them all on their toes ! :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cheers
Giles.

olddog642

Post by olddog642 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:05 pm

Hi Mo,
good looking MV and with such low mileage great find.
Hey is that an Austin A40 I see in the background or something more exotic?
Hylton:twisted:

sholinguteman

Post by sholinguteman » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:54 am

Hello All and thanks for the warm welcome , well where do I start ??? Must admit I grew up in Oz (from the age of 3) we were £10 POMs and Immigrated to Oz in 1966. Through family and work and Life I somehow ended up back here LOL , But wherever you are, you have to work and yes most of the time the grass really does look greener , but is it ?.. end of sermon;). My EBT "bully" is a girl called Jess and she loves me as much (more?) as the Mrs, As the username suggests I really do love Utes or anything up to a 1 ton truck , but Utes are the favourite. I have a few projects (long term and veerryy long term) and one of them has to go to make way for the "new" Brumby (you see the boss has spoken). A couple of you spotted the jewel in my collection and if you are interested ? have a look here
http://www.oldclassiccar.co.uk/forum/ph ... ck&start=0
By the way the Aussie look to my shed is intentional ( and the 2 Gumtrees in the garden)

I will also post a few more pics of my recently aquired MV/Brumby/Brat. I spent a couple of hours searching this forum last night and have so many questions to ask..... But they can wait for a while, once again thanks for the welcome "MO"
ImageImageImageImageImage

P.S. Reckon I,m gonna need a tailgate :rolleyes:

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:18 am

P.S. Reckon I,m gonna need a tailgate :rolleyes:
What are you talking about that's a factory standard tailgate, it is up to the owner to fill it with bog once it leaves the dealership

but on a note of realism I do know where there are a couple of tailgates in WA but Im not sure the owner would part with either of them.

I have one as well it is straighter than that one but has a large amount of surface rust on it

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

1111giles

Post by 1111giles » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:36 am

Mo / Jules ssshhh I say this only once eh? I is trying to see if there is a tailgate close to me here - I have heard a wisper that there are a couple of MV's dead in a field near to here......me is off to investigate and see if the gates are any good.:)
I'll let you know what I find.....

I know a panel beater near to me who would pull that out if needs be.
Alternative is MO.... spend the dough and fit a new gate - get in touch and I'll tell you how to go about it and the approx cost. :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cheers
Giles.

sholinguteman

Post by sholinguteman » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:39 am

Giles , I bought that tailgate on ebay , looks to be in good nick. Still need a few more bits (ashtray , window winder handle etc , would also like to try and find the trim I mentioned ,Also are those wheels wider than standard or just my imagination ? see here.... "MO"

Just had a second look at this pic.... Note there is no chrome trim round the bed but there is tie down or tonneau cover hooks. I like the chrome strip on the side trim and bumper and whats that plastic attachment to the rear of the rear wheelarch ?

Return to “My Subi”