yet another POM !

Show off your Subaru to other members. Tell us a bit about it. What mods you have done or have planned for the near future.
1111giles

Post by 1111giles » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:57 am

Mo - that is a left hooker so isnt forced to be the same spec as a later UK car.
I have seen really early UK trucks with that hook rail arrangement but we are talking as early as 82 / 83 MY vehicles.
Also its the same arrangement on the inside cover of the Haynes Manual - same hook rail arrangement shown on a early UK spec truck.

The rubber arch extener - that looks custom / home made to me.

Quite a few MV's breaking on ebay so you should stand a chance of finding the parts your after :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cheers
Giles.
*Scooby MV / Brumby - Current project & pet truck Weber Carby'd Ea81.Air/Con.4WDiscs.Speedliner tub. Foz seats. Digital Sound. Floodlit interior light. Cobra Security. Gear Shifter Lock + loadsa new parts.
SVX - Silky Sexy & Smooth - just like me ;)
GLF (MY series) Hatchy - "Project 2012"
*Fozzie 2.0 Forester Sport - Wifey's daily driver
*Ozzie Outback Diesel SE nav Spec 2012 MY 6 speeder - My daily driver
* 'Half Cut' Oz Brumby its now totally in bits !:mrgreen

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:24 am

sholinguteman wrote:Just had a second look at this pic.... Note there is no chrome trim round the bed but there is tie down or tonneau cover hooks. I like the chrome strip on the side trim and bumper and whats that plastic attachment to the rear of the rear wheelarch ?
1111giles wrote:The rubber arch extener - that looks custom / home made to me.
I've seen a few Brumbys with those hook deals on the sides but never known whether or not it's a model/year that comes out like that :???:

That strip/moulding trim (and mudflaps) on the side looks like the same one on the MY wagon or sedans.
http://cdn.vflyer.com/r2/prodinsts/3/8/ ... 25_max.jpg
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

sholinguteman

Post by sholinguteman » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:33 am

Hmmm now thats interesting :rolleyes: That pic is one I found of a pickup in Holland. Strangly although I have searched a bit in Holland Germany Scandinavia etc I can find no further pics or mention of MVBRUMBYBRATS , they were however sold in Israel ..... "MO"

1111giles

Post by 1111giles » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:49 am

RSR 555 wrote: That strip/moulding trim (and mudflaps) on the side looks like the same one on the MY wagon or sedans.
http://cdn.vflyer.com/r2/prodinsts/3/8/ ... 25_max.jpg
Wow Paul ! you gotta great directory of knowledge up there ! Wonder how much that estate car would be worth today ?
The rear mud spat would certainly keep the spray off the rear ! Alas I recon no chance of finding a pair......unless I could 'rapid prototype' grow some :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cheers
Giles.
*Scooby MV / Brumby - Current project & pet truck Weber Carby'd Ea81.Air/Con.4WDiscs.Speedliner tub. Foz seats. Digital Sound. Floodlit interior light. Cobra Security. Gear Shifter Lock + loadsa new parts.

sholinguteman

Post by sholinguteman » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:05 am

Never ! say never Giles.... as Im sure we can find a couple of pairs of those spats (and chrome side trim ????) chrome trims on white wheels too ...Hmmm, Oh yes I did see that pic of the LWB Brumby in Finland and found this other pics of it , just in case you havent seen it.... Has anybody on the forum found any further reference to them ? Brochure etc "MO"

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:24 am

1111giles wrote:Wow Paul ! you gotta great directory of knowledge up there ! Wonder how much that estate car would be worth today ?
The rear mud spat would certainly keep the spray off the rear ! Alas I recon no chance of finding a pair......unless I could 'rapid prototype' grow some :D
haha.. that's about all that's up there Giles :mrgreen:

I'm sure I have a pair of those on a spare wagon (estate) in my other shed. I can have a look when I get home :)
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1111giles

Post by 1111giles » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:51 am

RSR 555 wrote:haha.. that's about all that's up there Giles :mrgreen:

I'm sure I have a pair of those on a spare wagon (estate) in my other shed. I can have a look when I get home :)
I'd better be nice to you about the cricket then :D:D Could be interested in them if you have some :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cheers
Giles.

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:17 am

1111giles wrote:I'd better be nice to you about the cricket then :D:D Could be interested in them if you have some :D
That will depend if you want 1 or a pair :D

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “My Subi”