The Rx in progress.

Show off your Subaru to other members. Tell us a bit about it. What mods you have done or have planned for the near future.
ORX-18

The Rx in progress.

Post by ORX-18 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:45 pm

As alot of u might now know, i bought simons RX last year (QIKRX).
Well getting it roadworthy has so far been a battle to say the least. Virtually every bush in the car had to be replaced, What we thought was a little rust spot turned out to be something scary, and i bit the bullet and gave it a respray in subaru 555 wrc blue (holy crap that colour is expensive!!) new front coilover inserts and rear struts, a rewire for the reverse lights and tail lights, trying to hide the ecu with the big sticker that says "For Race Use Only", New roof lining and interior trims, cleaning up the interior wiring and gauges, new speedo cable, exterior trims, ie driprail trims and rear quarterglass trims, rewire the battery in the boot and secure it properly, the list goes on forever!!
Anyway, ill try to post up some progress photos for those of u that are interested and the painting will hopefully be finished in the next couple of weeks. Then i get to put it all back together with stainless fittings so she looks all shiny and new. Then its off for a new turbo, a bov and some tuning to get her running all good and holden hungry.

bluesteel

Post by bluesteel » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:50 pm

sounds good... old cars always end up doing that to us... new bushes/wiring etc... starts to get very time consuming.

definately post some pix up... pics r good!

BlackMale
General Member

Post by BlackMale » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:41 pm

It was a sweet ride before and its sounding sweeter now.
Toyota 105 Series LandCruiser (that nobody on here wants to really hear about).
RX Touring Wagon - fitted out for 4WDing (currently collecting dust).
RX Project - will be road only at this stage (and currently taking way to long to finish).

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:19 pm

i have just stopped kicking myself for not looking at qikrx to buy back when for sale as i contemplate what work to be done to get my Cheap Grief GLAT up and running... ! was telling self i wouldna be playing with dirty car bits if i'd bought qikrx.... sounds like i was wrong.

waggaclint

Post by waggaclint » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:10 pm

sounds like nice car is about to get even nicer look forward to seeing some pics in the new colour.....
2011 Forester X

subabooba

Post by subabooba » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:07 pm

Sounding good, definitely keen to see some pics when you have time!!

QikRX

Post by QikRX » Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:35 pm

Hope you got the rego papers back ok.
Are you going to be running the 15's or the 13's?
Would be great to see some progress photos of how it's turning out.
Am missing my little beast heaps, had given me so much joy but had already cost me a fortune getting it to the stage it was in. Am really glad you bought the car as I know it's gone to a good home & hope you'll get as much enjoyment out of it as I did.
Long live ORX.18!
02 GT Forester

ORX-18

RX

Post by ORX-18 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:16 pm

Hi all
I am sticking with the 13's for that 'Im an innocent little old LEONE look', and the police up here are absolute nutters for picking on everything they can think they know about. Like the other night i got pulled for a tyre and wheel inspection on my R33 GTR Vspec. and they tried to pin me for the standard whells apparently bieng too wide, the tyres for not bieng load and speed rated and they dont like bieng proven wrong. But thats what i did, again. I think there jealous sometimes. Meh. Anyway, ill have some piccies up in the next couple of days for you all to see the little girl in war colours. it doesnt look good with no doors or guards but.
Cheers

Return to “My Subi”