Venoms EJ25 L series project

Show off your Subaru to other members. Tell us a bit about it. What mods you have done or have planned for the near future.
El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:59 am

Rhys,

Here's my fuel log since the EJ was installed... Sorry I haven't got the 'short trip' odometre reading written down as well, to work it out you'll have to do some subtraction from the reading before:

I didn't realise how untidy it looks until I sat back and looked at it now...

I hope that gives you some idea of how my EJ's going ;)

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:47 pm

Interesting stuff bennie thanks for posting that, "thrashing" lol. My first tank of fuel after the o2 sensor went in (at about half tank) used 12.3ltrs/100km. Definitely the worst fuel economy i have record of. I'm not too sure what to make of that. Fresh tank of premium is in there now and i'm driving like a grandma to see how it goes this time. I don't really know enough to interpret whats going on, but an uneducated guess is that safety mode with no sensor is more conservative on fuel than my city driving with one. The car is certainly more responsive and pulls harder with the sensor in, and has stopped blowing smoked at high revs.

Cheers,
Rhys
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:00 pm

Have you reset the ECU since installing the o2 sensor? I dunno how you officially do it but the way I've heard it done is to leave the battery disconnected overnight. Then you apparently need to drive it like you stole it for the ECU to work some shit out so it'll run well... I dunno about that last bit, it sounds to me like its an excuse to go hard!

Text sent ;)

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

ScubyRoo

Post by ScubyRoo » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:00 pm

El_Freddo wrote:Have you reset the ECU since installing the o2 sensor? I dunno how you officially do it but the way I've heard it done is to leave the battery disconnected overnight. Then you apparently need to drive it like you stole it for the ECU to work some shit out so it'll run well... I dunno about that last bit, it sounds to me like its an excuse to go hard!
AP or Steptoe, can't remember which, has a thread on ECU resets and codes in the electrical section, I think it's stickied.
The Green Machine is up for sale :(. Lifted, bars, exhausts... View Gumtree ad

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:08 am

Its AP i think, also has all the error codes etc. What i was told is to disconnect the battery, then hit the brake to remove any last volts and leave it overnight. Then the net day, start the car and let it idle till warm(fan kicks in). Do not touch the accelerator at all. Engine may rev up and down by itself as the ECU is calculating stuff???!!!:S

I don't know if that's the proper way but it makes more sense than to drive the thing like you stole it!!!!!
The project, EJ22 --->>> EJ25 Quad CAM:D touring wagon
Thinking of going on holidays on a little paradise island, Check out http://www.dodolidays.com

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:42 am

Yeah it was me...
The link is -
showthread.php?t=14372
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1995 Liberty "Rallye" - 5MT AWD, LSD - *written off 25/8/06 in towing accident.
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page
Sold at 385,000kms in July 2011.
2007 Liberty BP Wagon, 2.5i automatic

Return to “My Subi”