Endeavour Rally CAR188

Show off your Subaru to other members. Tell us a bit about it. What mods you have done or have planned for the near future.
Brad_Stacey

Endeavour Rally CAR188

Post by Brad_Stacey » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:40 am

Well Stacey & I have committed to the Great Endeavor Rally next year for the first time. So have started preparing my Subaru Liberty Heritage AWD 1990 model for the event. And thought it would be great to share our progress on the forum.

For those who don't know the Endeavor Foundation provides opportunities for people with a disability.

For more info about this event visit Hyperlink to http://great.endeavour.com.au

As you can see in the photo the car is currently stock standard. The must have's is a roll cage flashing light, UHF and standardized front and rear towing points.

Some additional touches include a lift kit, belly plate and bullbar.

Preparations are now progressing. We have received our fundraiser pack and are ready to hit the streets of Gladstone.

The 2 inch lift kit has also been ordered through AUSubaru and should be here shortly.

Will post more as it happens. Brad
Attachments
CIMG0804.jpg
CIMG0804.jpg (98.62 KiB) Viewed 3422 times

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:38 am

The website down at the moment, but where are they going this year?
"Bianca"
'86 Brumby - Dual Port Heads, 5 Speed Dual Range, Custom Cam, Tuned Weber, Tuned Suspension, 2" Body Lift Kit, LSD, 14" rims, 2.25" Exhaust, Snorkel, Dual Batteries, DVD Player, UHF, VHF, etc. Offically now part of the 350, 000 km Club! :) And still pulling like a freight train.

"Claudia"
82 MY Wagon - EA81T, RS Liberty WIAC, 5 Speed Dual Range, Tuned Suspension, 14" Rims 27" Tyres, 2" Body Lift Kit, Apline Head unit, UHF, Roof Console, L Series seats, Soon to have New Paint, snorkel, Dual batteries, etc

Brad_Stacey

Post by Brad_Stacey » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:38 am

The full course isn't finalised yet but hears what the website says.

"The 2010 Great Endeavour rally and cruise will start from the heart of the bustling tourist mecca, Burleigh Heads on the beautiful Gold Coast, and travel 3500 km to the finish line on the Coral Coast’s seaside paradise Bargara via some of Australia’s most spectacular Bays Bush n Beaches."

The website hasn't been working properly for a few days but you can also try http://great.endeavour.com.au/

Cheers Brad.

Brad_Stacey

Post by Brad_Stacey » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:43 pm

Hi everyone,

A lot of work has been going into getting sponsorship lately, however I've had some luck with getting a reasonably priced roll cage. Should be going in next week.

Also had some time today to start putting in the Forester struts and 215/65R16 tyres. Two are new Yokahama Geolander A/TS and two older Dunlop Grandtrek AT2's.

This is the liberty struts on the left and Forester struts on the right. I have raised pedders springs in both of these.

PS. By any chance, has anyone received a 2" Liberty lift kit Ref: Lib259 from Suby Wan Kenobi. As he sent mine before xmas and it hasn't arrived. Just thought I would ask while I wait for a reply hopefully with a tracking number from Dave.

Will post some before and after shots once complete.

Cheers Brad.

INEEDABEER

Post by INEEDABEER » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:41 pm

Good luck with everything.You can always try Scorpion for the lift kit.
]Hey I know Jack Schitte!
[/SIZE]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:34 am

Or try Jeff at Crossbred Performance for a lift kit , or a bash plate or a number of things.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

dibs

2 from qld

Post by dibs » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:37 am

thats 2 subies from qld i know of in that rally yours and a guy called bruce from beerwah. hes got a serious setup rally l series we sponsored him for 2 yrs but with the credit crunch we had to pull out. have fun and good luck

dibs
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Brad_Stacey

Post by Brad_Stacey » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:32 am

Thanks for the tips guys, however I am just trying to find the lift kit I have already paid for. So I can put it in the shed for next year.

But I will try Jeff for a bash plate.

Anyway have put the forester struts back in, pic below.

I have also removed the rear sway bar this time, which I reckon has increased the lift in the rear some more.

vincentvega

Post by vincentvega » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:32 am

if the car is a manual then just get a genuine subaru bash plate for it. they are only about $60 and will work fine wiht your 2" kit if you slot the rear holes a little.

For the sort of work you will be doing with this car I would put hte swaybar back in. It has no effect on ride height but will limit your travel. You should have got extended swaybar links with the kit. If not have some made up.
brumbyrunner wrote:And just to clarify the real 4WD thing, Subarus are an unreal 4WD.

Brad_Stacey

Post by Brad_Stacey » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:50 am

Just a couple of photos of my progress.

Have put the rally seats in finally, hopefully the will get approved without any drama's. If they do I will post up how I did it.

Also have the car name, number and our names on the car now. Makes it look a bit more like a rally car.

And a few from the other side, we still need more sponsors stickers. And more sponsors too would be nice.

I have also put the rear sway bar back in, with no difference in height as previously thought. It's also a auto, so I will see what Jeff has this week. Thanks for the tips Vince.

Cheers Brad.

Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:28 pm

looks good mate. gen1 sedans look so tough with abit of lift and big tyres :)

alex
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)
my02 Gen3 Liberty limited ed.

previously
L-series wagon, LSD, EJ20turbo, 29in tyres, 'wanky wagon'
2000 gen3 outback, lifted, otherwise stock.

Brad_Stacey

Post by Brad_Stacey » Mon May 17, 2010 3:34 pm

Just a quick update and to share some pics.

Have made a front Haymans Reece towbar for the front on the car. This is compulsory for the Rally. And have started on attaching a Holden commodore bullbar. I think it will look ok once I put parts of the original bumper back in behind it.

Also roll cage is in and Blue Plated. So are the seats.

Now for some pics.

For the rest visit my album http://www.ausubaru.com.au/album.php?u=4620

vincentvega

Post by vincentvega » Mon May 17, 2010 4:16 pm

the standard subaru bash plate will still fit with your auto, but i would recommend also fitting a custom bash plate for the auto sump. I came very close to damaging mine up in the gulf a few years ago.

that tow setup is so bloody heavy!!! is that so you can fit a rigid tow arm if you break down?
brumbyrunner wrote:And just to clarify the real 4WD thing, Subarus are an unreal 4WD.

Brad_Stacey

Post by Brad_Stacey » Tue May 18, 2010 1:38 pm

vincentvega wrote: that tow setup is so bloody heavy!!! is that so you can fit a rigid tow arm if you break down?
Yeah it's probably over "engineered" a bit , but a haymans reece style front tow point is mandatory so that all cars are the same, and for rigid towing but I'm hoping not to need it for this.

dibs

Post by dibs » Sun May 23, 2010 4:26 pm

hows it all going

dibs
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Brad_Stacey

1 week to practice day!

Post by Brad_Stacey » Mon May 31, 2010 1:07 pm

Hi all,

Well the practice run is this Saturday 5th of June, starting in Pittsworth.

Will be a good opportunity to see how it goes, over the 400K's or so, plus the 600k's their and back.

Last minute decision last Friday to get the front CV's replaced after they made a fair bit of noise once the raised spring went back in. I guess after 250000 k's they have had their run.

The UHF is in the car and working so is the Brantz trip meter. Will be wiring up the spotties and adding a amber flashing light before Friday.

Here's some pics....

Cheers Brad.

78sti

Post by 78sti » Mon May 31, 2010 2:10 pm

Good luck guys!

Let me know if you need any last minuite things from brissie and I can pick up if you like! Or if you need to fix anything b4 you head back drop in.

ps the ute is finally going again turned out to be just a dead spark plug.

vincentvega

Post by vincentvega » Mon May 31, 2010 4:04 pm

I would be looking out for some roof racks that sit nice and low to keep your center of gravity down.

you should also have a look at tying the plastic inner guard to the metal frame at the front of the car. without the front bumper they catch a lot of wind and can rip off..

Brad_Stacey

Post by Brad_Stacey » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:13 am

Thanks for the tips Vince, I ended up putting the spare wheel and fuel in the boot for the practice day. And have since removed the basket. Will take out the back seat for the event to give extra room.

Here is us in the line up ready to start.

Unfortunately we where having too much fun driving and navigating to take any other photo's.

Here is another pic I took last night with the flashing lights fitted.

Cheers Brad.

Brad_Stacey

Post by Brad_Stacey » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:58 pm

Have just got back from our second rally. It was such a great trip this year, we had dust, rain, mud, a bit of black soil mud, -2/-3 degree mornings and finally lovely sunshine at the Gold Coast over the 10 day journey.

Have put two pics of a nice water crossing that everyone got to have a little play through.

Many more pics from the entire event are on the Great Endeavour Rally page for those that are interested. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... 89/photos/

Cheers Brad
(Great) SUPER Endeavour Rally 2012 - Bring it on!
17 Days, 10,000kms Charleville to Yeppoon via East Arnhem Land (Gove)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://gercar188.blogspot.com/
https://great.endeavour.com.au/rallies.html

Return to “My Subi”