Taza's 01 Forester

Show off your Subaru to other members. Tell us a bit about it. What mods you have done or have planned for the near future.
taza
General Member

Taza's 01 Forester

Post by taza » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:58 pm

Hi all. Though I might join up since im already a member at both Offroadsubarus.com and Subaruforester.org. Well my names Tarran thats where Taza comes from. I live in Geraldton, Western Australia and drive a Forester. I plan to mod it for offroad purposes when the money starts coming it. I just finished High school this year, am on my Green P-Plates and work in the IT Industry (Computers).

I have ahd her for almost 8 months and she is a great car. I crashed her on Christmas day, the one just gone. She is ok but abit beaten up and scratched luckily.

Oh is anyone else on here from Geraldton or surrounding areas?

Anyway here she is.

After the crash on Christmas Day

Future Plans for her. Well I have been inspired by Spurry Moses and a few members from offroadsubarus.com This is what I want her to look like by the end of 2011. 2" lift, Bullbar, Light Force Spotties, Subaxtreme sumpguard (to replace my DIY one),bigger tires, UHF radio, etc...

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:03 pm

taza wrote:Image
Hi and Welcome Tarran :) Nice Foz mate.. is this Southgates? I lived in Gero for 5 years (Bluff Point) while I did my apprenticeship. Sorry to hear about the accident but scratches are all part of owning a 4WD.. unlike the poofs that own H3s

I would do what Spurry has done with Furry and cover that hideous (Kia Sportage) grille with some spotties or paint it gunmental grey :)
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:08 pm

^ Thanks, yeah its Southgates. I live in both kalbarri and geraldton so there are plenty of places for dune and beach driving. Now I dont have to worry about offroad scratches so thats one positive thing about the accident.

Im not a fan of the grille but it could be worse. I was thinking of replacing it with the GT grille then adding a bullbar and spotties, only problem is that Subaxtreme is an over east company not it W.A. and shipping would be in the hundreds. But I will try and get one.

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:47 pm

Cool.. Love Kalbarri and Horrocks :mrgreen:

GT grille is the go :) and setup with a bar and spots will look sweet. Keep an eye out on here and also look in the Quokka from time to time. If you ever need stuff sent over from the East you might be surprised on the cost.. I've got some really good deals from suppliers.

And as for the sanddune and beach driving.. buy yourself an exhaust jack off Ebay.. best investment I've ever brought :cool:
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:16 pm

welcome to the board Taza

nicely parked

maybe we should all go and visit you at some stage

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:30 pm

^ thanks. It was a fun situation to get out of when your alone :) Well if you are ever up this way give me a yell. That goes for anyone. Would be a good opportunity to meet some new Subi Owners and learn abit about other peoples vehicles.

longy99gt

Post by longy99gt » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:19 pm

there is a local distributer for the subaextreme gear,
cant remember who, but im in the Subaru 4WD club of WA, and someone advertises in our magazine
"SUUBMARINE"

Previous Previous- 92 LX liberty wagon 5MT, FWD

Previous- 99 GT fozzy white/grey, 5MT,
UHF / 3" >2.5" exhuast / metal sump guard / custom snorkel / 2" lift / 215/70R16 ATR's / custom pine/ply boot with fridge mount/ 2 deep cycle batteries, spotties on UNIbar

Current Project: 2007 XT 5MT Urban Grey Forester
Subaextreme Bullbar and sump guard. GME 5W Super Compact UHF. Custom Boot with Deep cycle 100A Battery, Tools storage, solar controller and low Volt shut off, with Anderson input and outputs.
Whiteline HD Adjustable front and rear sway bars
Whiteline front tower brace and ultrex rear tower brace.
235/50/17 street tires, 235/60/16 ATR's
KYB struts with Raised HD Iron Man Springs. 1"Subtle Solutions strut top blocks.
20" LED Front Light Bar
Side Shade Awning on roof racks with 2x 18W LED Flood lights and 3x LED string lights in awning

Future: Solar Panel roof mounted(under roof basket), Low range Conversion (1.44), HD clutch, 3">2.5"TBE, Rear tire carrier,

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:32 pm

^ Really. Wow. Thats good. I will have to try and find out! I would love to buy some stuff from them, their gear is pretty nice but expensive. Shipping would just make it that much more costy but if there is a distributor in WA thats excellent. How can I get my hands on a copy of a subi 4WD Club of WA magazine or do I have to subscribe for a period of time?
I also want to join the club but living in Geraldton its not really possible. I will have to try and come on a trip though sometime and see what its like....

GOD

Post by GOD » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:24 pm

Central 4wd Accessories in Welshpool is the WA distributor for SubaXtreme. I imagine you'll still pay for shipping though.

Irvin Bullbars also does decent Subaru bars.

The club is at http://www.subaru4wdclubwa.asn.au

Dane.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1993 EA82/EJ18/EJ22/EJ22/EJ20/EJ22 L Series perpetual project

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:03 am

^ Thanks. I will look into that. I know of Irvin Bullbars but they are not as appealing as the Subaxtreme ones and dont help with approach angles offroad.

GOD

Post by GOD » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:59 am

Yeah, the Irvin ones aren't as pretty as SubaXtreme ones, but they can be made for better approach angles by substituting the silly fibreglass spoiler with some ally, eg: Image

I think D3V1L Dave on this forum had a similar one made for his Outback.

Dane.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1993 EA82/EJ18/EJ22/EJ22/EJ20/EJ22 L Series perpetual project

Return to “My Subi”