GT2 wagoo.

Show off your Subaru to other members. Tell us a bit about it. What mods you have done or have planned for the near future.
El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun May 13, 2012 8:59 pm

mr_sp33 wrote:If you guys are serious i'd be happy to. $20 + whatever postage costs?
Sounds like an awesome deal 8) Time to russel up some pics :D
RSR 555 wrote:Or this one...

This one's my choice of the three!
mr_sp33 wrote:Holy jesus that is sexy. I like this angle a lot... If i have the right colours i'll give it a shot this arvo :)
And it looks like someone else agrees!
thunder039 wrote:i think were are going to need a 18+ on this thread soon with these pictures ;)
Yeah, dunno how that would happen though... And I'm not sure how we measure mental age, as most of us here would be locked out automatically :p

Awesome work on the buffing too mr sp33! New paint job in the future plans??

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

mr_sp33

Post by mr_sp33 » Sun May 13, 2012 9:26 pm

El_Freddo wrote: Awesome work on the buffing too mr sp33! New paint job in the future plans??
Haha, i don't think so. I repainted my Civic (see first page) used to be grey, painted it cappuccino brown - wayyy too much effort.

As per request:

Just note too that the flash makes the white pencil stand out a bit, and the paper size is A3.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun May 13, 2012 9:30 pm

Looks awesome mate! Top effort!

Cheers

Bennie

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Sun May 13, 2012 10:55 pm

Corr,

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sun May 13, 2012 11:02 pm

mr_sp33 wrote:Also attended to an ABS light that had been on since i bought it. Although i cleared the code (Code 23 FR sensor, ground out the unit until he HCU resets) the ABS light is still on. When i check the codes though it only displays a startup code (11) which i thought is always displayed?

Anyone know where i can find a diagnostics procedure for a 97 Legacy?

I haven't taken it for a test drive yet to see if the ABS is functioning again, i'm just assuming it's not because the light is on.
97 Legacy? which car is this one? can you give more details on it?
El_Freddo wrote:Yeah, dunno how that would happen though... And I'm not sure how we measure mental age, as most of us here would be locked out automatically :p
+1 :D
mr_sp33 wrote:As per request:

Just note too that the flash makes the white pencil stand out a bit, and the paper size is A3.
Can I please swear on here????? that is FRIGGIN AWESOME !!!! Love it.. Only 1 thing if possible (and please say no if you like) but could you make it fill up more of the page? as I'd love to frame it and put it up on the wall.
El_Freddo wrote:Looks awesome mate! Top effort!
+111111111111111111111 :D:D:D:D:D
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun May 13, 2012 11:26 pm

RSR 555 wrote:Only 1 thing if possible (and please say no if you like) but could you make it fill up more of the page? as I'd love to frame it and put it up on the wall.
Smaller frame?

If RSR doesn't want it, I'll take it - I'd ask for some of the details to be drawn with it, Paul would have to help out with that ;)

Cheers

Bennie

Gannon

Post by Gannon » Mon May 14, 2012 6:32 am

97 Legacy will be the donor car that Chris used. FR sensor is front right, and any sensor from any Subaru from similar vintage should plug straight in.
The Gen2 BD/BD Legacy is the only FSM I dont have, I have the USDM Gen2 FSM, but it only covers the EJ22 model.
Current rides: 2016 Mitsubishi Triton GLS & 2004 Forester X
Ongoing Project/Toy: 1987 RX Turbo EA82T, Speeduino ECU, Coil-pack ignition, 440cc Injectors, KONI adjustale front struts, Hybrid L Series/ Liberty AWD 5sp
Past rides: 92 L series turbo converted wagon, 83 Leone GL Sedan, 2004 Liberty GT Sedan & 2001 Outback
------------------------------------------

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Mon May 14, 2012 9:51 am

El_Freddo wrote:Smaller frame?
Very true and maybe hard to really tell it's size based on a picture??
El_Freddo wrote:If RSR doesn't want it, I'll take it - I'd ask for some of the details to be drawn with it, Paul would have to help out with that ;)
I'll still take it (just would love it larger but didn't want to be rude).. you could sell me anything as long as it had my 22 on it :D

What details would you like drawn on it? I'd love one done with these decals...
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Mon May 14, 2012 9:56 am

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/dsc03212b.jpg/

work ? no, need a better pic than this.....

mr_sp33

Post by mr_sp33 » Mon May 14, 2012 2:14 pm

RSR 555 wrote: Can I please swear on here????? that is FRIGGIN AWESOME !!!! Love it.. Only 1 thing if possible (and please say no if you like) but could you make it fill up more of the page? as I'd love to frame it and put it up on the wall.

Haha, glad you like it. I drew it that size for a couple of reasons:

- my drawing equipment (rulers,elipses etc) aren't big enough for anything much larger
- hand drawn images tend to lose detail when drawn bigger and so they look crap.

I guess i'm just not really comfortable with drawing them any larger. As an option though if you like, i can look at the costs of printing and get the image digitally resized to whatever size you want and whatever paper quality you want (gloss/poster/regular 250GSM).

Getting it expanded to fill A3 on regular non-gloss ~200GSM paper will probably only be about 10/15 bucks.

Just keep in mind too that the larger the image the less detailed it will look up close.
Gannon wrote:97 Legacy will be the donor car that Chris used. FR sensor is front right, and any sensor from any Subaru from similar vintage should plug straight in.
The Gen2 BD/BD Legacy is the only FSM I dont have, I have the USDM Gen2 FSM, but it only covers the EJ22 model.
That's good to know about the compatibility. The code cleared fine though, and hasn't returned I was just wondering why the ABS light stays on and when i read the codes all i get is a code 11 (startup code). Is that triggered by a fault? or is the startup code just a 'system is functioning fine' thing?
steptoe wrote:http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/dsc03212b.jpg/

work ? no, need a better pic than this.....
I can work with that if you want. Do you have an image that shows your wheels though? I'll probably draw it so the wheels face is facing the camera.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Mon May 14, 2012 4:00 pm

RSR 555 wrote:What details would you like drawn on it? I'd love one done with these decals...
I was thinking more along the lines of what the car is, detailed beside the image in some funky font that compliments the drawing.

mr sp33 - might be a good idea to start a new thread in the off topic section for this to occur, this way your thread about the car is kept on topic and "clean" for future readers ;)

Cheers

Bennie

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Mon May 14, 2012 11:47 pm

mr_sp33 wrote:Haha, glad you like it. I drew it that size for a couple of reasons:

- my drawing equipment (rulers,elipses etc) aren't big enough for anything much larger
- hand drawn images tend to lose detail when drawn bigger and so they look crap.

I guess i'm just not really comfortable with drawing them any larger. As an option though if you like, i can look at the costs of printing and get the image digitally resized to whatever size you want and whatever paper quality you want (gloss/poster/regular 250GSM).

Getting it expanded to fill A3 on regular non-gloss ~200GSM paper will probably only be about 10/15 bucks.

Just keep in mind too that the larger the image the less detailed it will look up close.
Fully understand and please slap me for asking :(

I'm REALLY REALLY happy with what you have drawn and please let me know how to pay you?
El_Freddo wrote:I was thinking more along the lines of what the car is, detailed beside the image in some funky font that compliments the drawing.
Not sure what you mean :( but that's cool.
El_Freddo wrote:mr sp33 - might be a good idea to start a new thread in the off topic section for this to occur, this way your thread about the car is kept on topic and "clean" for future readers ;)
Very good point :cool:

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

mr_sp33

Post by mr_sp33 » Tue May 15, 2012 5:11 pm

RSR 555 wrote:Fully understand and please slap me for asking :(
lol, it's no drama at all and i have no problem with answering questions.
I'm REALLY REALLY happy with what you have drawn and please let me know how to pay you?
I'll shoot you a PM later tonight when i get home from uni :)

I'll also start up a thread later tonight as well in the off topic section :)

mr_sp33

Post by mr_sp33 » Tue May 15, 2012 8:48 pm

mr_sp33

Post by mr_sp33 » Sat May 19, 2012 12:47 pm

Anyone seen this before? Sick vid!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXqj_UGnHnQ

thunder039

Post by thunder039 » Sat May 19, 2012 5:21 pm

great video
2004 subaru forester -gone
1999 subaru forester- no more :(
1989 subaru brumby- sold!
2008 zook jimny -sold!
2003 mitsubishi pajero - missus car
2013 nissan d22- set up for long distant touring

mr_sp33

Post by mr_sp33 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:25 pm

I haven't forgotten about Leo', i've just had to endure exam period at uni. This is actually my first weekend after exams, yeeew! Finally have some time to get back into my cars and back into drawing. Nothing really much in the way of progress yet, i did a quick clean of the bay... But there's quite a bit that needs attention that i still don't really have the time or enthusiasm for just yet. It's all progress :)

There's a couple of things i can see in the photos that i've clearly missed... Will have to get back at those later lol.

Also, for the lols:

Mud spec wheels...Just wanted to see what it would look like.

More updates to come!

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:59 pm

Very jelly ;)

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

mr_sp33

Post by mr_sp33 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:00 pm

Well the vinyl on the door cards was really worn. So i went to spotlight and bought some replacement vinyl, but i gave it a few attempts and thought it looked like shit. The greys didn't match properly and some of the corners were difficult to cover with the thickness of vinyl. So i decided to have some fun instead.

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:36 pm

Cool, Is this going to have a hippy style interior??

Might be cool, just dont over do it:)
The project, EJ22 --->>> EJ25 Quad CAM:D touring wagon
Thinking of going on holidays on a little paradise island, Check out http://www.dodolidays.com

Return to “My Subi”