Ash's Brumby

Show off your Subaru to other members. Tell us a bit about it. What mods you have done or have planned for the near future.
AshR

Post by AshR » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:10 pm

busy Saturday just gone (then the rain came)

I got a new bumper (with the chrome metal bar across the base) and two quarter panels, antenna and indicator stalk.

Turns out the indicator stalk didn't fix the issue with the indicators not working, so there must be a flasher relay hiding somewhere... have to break out the gregory's again to find out.

I got the bumper off the brumby then the rain came, so that stopped work, from what Bennie could see was confirmed, it's been in a "small" front end shunt, so I'll have to get the quarter panels off to check if there is much wrong before putting it all back together. there is a bit of bent metal work under the radiator but doesn't look structural, might need a bit of bending to get the holes to line up for the new bumper (where it screws underneath)

I got beige quarter panels (not much choice) but Ciel said instead of painting them white I should do them in blackboard paint so I can have my shopping list down the side... what you think?

So hopefully this weekend I'll get the panels off the brumby and see how much work I have to do before putting the new ones back on.

It's coming along well, though after starting it up again it's idling ok but when you push the throttle it's labouring before it thinks about reving.

Might have to have Bennie/ Someone other than me check this out to tune it properly (oh put new plugs in too and that seems to have fixed the random misfire I was having, but wont know till it's running properly)

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:40 pm

Good stuff mate!

Glad to hear that it's coming along, even if it is slowly!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:03 am

Any updates on this one Ash? Seems to have gone a bit quiet :(

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube