Nachaluva's Foz

Show off your Subaru to other members. Tell us a bit about it. What mods you have done or have planned for the near future.
pezimm

Post by pezimm » Fri May 30, 2014 7:49 pm

NachaLuva wrote:Marvin the Foz
Did the Foz get a new name, mate? Or is it that after 200k you can add a confirmation name? :cool:

GONE :( - Forester XT Auto - MY07 with all the goodies
Now occasionally driving a Ford barge...

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Fri May 30, 2014 8:04 pm

NachaLuva wrote:I need to do my offroad gearbox so its easier on the car on the steep rocky tracks we get here. Then I can aim for the magic 1/2 million lol ;)

With the wheel at full droop like that, the brackets are on a fair angle but not bent. Might have to level out the hole the bolt goes through & weld a washer on to strengthen it.

I've had the RSB disconnected for a while now waiting to fit my 1" body kit (which will put the lateral links on more angle) & mod those endlink brackets too. The quick disconnects work well though. I still have to check out some SS ones, I think you were interested in that?
What are the plans for the box?

Yes I was and still am very keen on the SS ones. Hence the reason for asking about any issues. I was thinking of any noise issues?
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Fri May 30, 2014 8:27 pm

pezimm wrote:Did the Foz get a new name, mate? Or is it that after 200k you can add a confirmation name? :cool:
Well, he was initially Oswald, then I thought he was a she so that became Oswina, but I never liked that name. Then I decided he was definitely a he after some of the tracks he did. I've always liked Marvin the Martian & have a sticker of him on the back so....Marvin it is :mrgreen:
RSR 555 wrote:What are the plans for the box?
L series low range, 4.44 diffs, taller 5th gear, DCCD centre & front LSD, either helical or plated, havent decided yet :twisted:
Yes I was and still am very keen on the SS ones. Hence the reason for asking about any issues. I was thinking of any noise issues?
I havent noticed any clunking etc, but then again my Foz has a few rattles, suspension clunks & squeaks. Looking forward to the next trip to see how many of them have disappeared with the new steering
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri May 30, 2014 9:36 pm

Hmmm... 4.44 diffs would be awesome. I would mind a set with the L series low range :twisted:

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:36 pm

[font=&quot]Had an awesome trip to Big & Little Deserts, Vic

[font=&quot]Image[/font]

Then continued on to the Gammon & Flinders Ranges, SA.

[/font]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

Tigger

Post by Tigger » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:34 pm

Great photos :)
ImageImageImage
2012 Subaru Forester - 2.0D Premium ~ 2002 Subaru Forester - Limited (Lifted)

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:32 pm

Matt those Flinder's Ranges pics are awesome - all on the phone again? Awesome pics from the phone!

Cheers

Bennie

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:47 pm

Yeah all those were from the phone. Had a total of bit over 600 pics & maybe 50 vids from the 2 trips. Few more yet to post but I'll do them in a trip report...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:33 pm

On the way back in Quorn, while doing a vehicle check, I noticed a badly split left inner CV boot, replaced only 8 months ago with an aftermarket boot. I cleaned it up & taped it up:

Some wear in the cup but not bad I think:

Bearings thoroughly cleaned:

"Grease me up laddy!"

Finished, this time with a GENUINE boot!:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:35 pm

New front brake pads, the old original ones were very low on material & one had just started to grind. Fortunately the disc is still good, minimal groove and almost no lip on either.

Old V new:

Big difference lol

Also, after the swim Marvin had at Wombat, the carpets were hosed out & are now cleaner than they have ever been. Everything is now dry & no wet dog smell haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g2oiYjXuJI

The heater fan had shorted out & was blowing fuses, replaced with one from a wrecker, all good now.

There was unfortunately some panel damage :( but at least now I can open the passenger door lol

On the plus side, I had been getting bad clutch shudder which was getting worse. Its now completely gone! :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Proton mouse

Post by Proton mouse » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:33 pm

Bugger!! Looked like you only needed to make it a couple of meters from the treading water position to where you would have been able to get traction :-(

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:50 pm

Yep, I was so close to making it out on m y own :(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:36 pm

Gotta love the new/old brake pads comparison.

I was thinking the other day - the last time I changed my front brake pads were when Venom and I rebuild my front calipers in the campground at Walhalla :twisted:

That was a few years ago now, and the pads are still looking really good. But I also don't drive her as often as I used to :sad:

I'd like to see some pics of this damage you talk about - not enough to go source a new door I hope! First battle scar? I still remember mine with Ruby Scoo (and the second)!

Cheers

Bennie

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:14 pm

El_Freddo wrote:I was thinking the other day - the last time I changed my front brake pads were when Venom and I rebuild my front calipers in the campground at Walhalla :twisted:
Haha yep I still remember that lol :p

I'll get some pics up of the panel damage...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:22 pm

Started going through the GoPro vids from Echo Camp Backtrack, Arkaroola. Found a good example of the Subaru AWD system with rear plated LSD at work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odDwsvCsqRI
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:07 pm

Suffered a little damage (bent strut) doing a black diamond run & a double black diamond:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stXvKlne ... 1421914688

So...time for some SG rear struts for better tyre clearance plus upgrade the strut tops for more caster?camber.

I also put in a new rear wheel bearing in a new (old) hub. I also found the axle outer cup was worn so chased down a new axle.

Then I finally fitted my HID driving lights. The wiring & relay had been done ages ago when I upgraded my headlights, so it was just a matter of making a mount for it & adding the wiring from the lights to the relay

Front:
Rear:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:55 pm

Yeah mate!

Those lights look the goods, I'm sure you'll love them offroad and when night driving. I've always loved mine and are necessary on country roads.

Hids I don't like and think they should be banned from the public road - too much glare for the oncoming driver in the way that they can flash you with the changes in suspension on a road. That I HATE. Bring back the old style where you weren't dazzled.

Tell me you're not running a blue tinge globe!!

Neat strut trick too ;)

Cheers

Bennie

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:21 am

Yeah I dislike retrofitted HID headlights too. Illegal & annoying! These are HID spot lights so only on with the high beams, ie, no cars to dazzle.

Spent a while adjusting them last night, I think I have them right. Looking forward to a country nightime drive lol :cool:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:34 pm

Yeah fair call on the hid spotties.

Adjust them. First trip you'll be adjusting them again once you're loaded with gear. Good idea is to get them adjusted to where you want them the mark a wall at home and where the front wheels sit. Easy after you're loaded up to re-adjust ;)

How long until we see some comparison night shots?

Cheers

Bennie

Return to “My Subi”