My $350 81 Leone Parts Car

Show off your Subaru to other members. Tell us a bit about it. What mods you have done or have planned for the near future.
Rodeo4jake

My $350 81 Leone Parts Car

Post by Rodeo4jake » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:14 am

G'day guys,

Realised I never shard the story of my 81 Leone that I got way back at the start of August.
Often when I see things on eBay at a cheap starting price I'll chuck a bid on. Well that's what happened here, & what do ya know, nobody else bid.
So off to Tallarook I went with a Vicroads permit to drive it home.
It has a leaky exhaust & is a little rusty but otherwise it runs like a dream. I have already taken the wheels off it & intend to restore them as they are the deeper offset 13" wheels that I always wanted in the first place. They have nice wide 205 13 tyres on em too. It does have aircon in it & also has the radio console that I wanted so I can fit a full size CD player in it & not have to cut up my original one.
I don't really have any other plans for anything at the moment so it's just sitting up the back under the trees.
If anyone is interested in the aircon or whatever just let me know. You'd have to be willing to come & help me pull it out though.
I only have the one pic that I snapped on the way home.

Yes it has a cows head sticker on the bonnet, has a Mack bulldog one on the boot too. The blokes daughter used it for her first car & thought it needed some personal touches!

Cheers Jake

Proton mouse

Post by Proton mouse » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:39 am

I remember seeing this car on Ebay. I put up a post about it on here saying I would buy it just for the cow bonnet, lol I would have bought it for those factory wheels for sure!
You should get more than the money you paid for the car just for the A/C (so long as it is a complete working kit) Silverbullet snapped up my kit instantly when I listed it on here
Have a great Xmas
John

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:33 pm

You should start a list of the bits missing from it...

My first parts bomb - an L series sedan - is now packed up ready for the scrap metal joint. I picked that up for $90 - it's paid me back in dividends!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Return to “My Subi”