Kevin Continued - My 1984 Leone

Show off your Subaru to other members. Tell us a bit about it. What mods you have done or have planned for the near future.
Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:44 pm

Wow! That looks tough now :) You've gotta be happy with that, big wheels and tyres make these look so much better. Did you get to test it out very much at the port? How does it perform now compared to before?
Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

JP147

Post by JP147 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:02 am

Thanks, I am pretty happy with how it turned out.
All the mud is dry at this time of year (except for some wet clay I accidentally found). But the tracks were deeply rutted and I had plenty of clearance, unlike before. The area can be a bit risky if you don't know it well, I have seen a 60 series cruiser get stuck in clay so deep that they couldn't even open the doors.
Later I went across the river to Outer Harbour and played around with my friend, I will put up some videos when I get them off him. There was no mud there, just some sand, hills and deep ruts. I didn't bother airing down the tyres but it was fine anyway.
On-road it is fine, just a little slower to take off. After a while I will put the stock wheels back on for the daily drive, and keep these for when I need them. I can't really afford to get new tyres in this size.

Here are a few more pictures

JP147

Post by JP147 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:31 pm

Added a little light to keep it legal

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:00 pm

Looks great mate! I just picked up a one owner MY over here... its immaculate throughout except for a little rust on the tailgate near the window..
did the weber make much difference? You go for manual choke?

JP147

Post by JP147 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:06 pm

taza wrote:Looks great mate! I just picked up a one owner MY over here... its immaculate throughout except for a little rust on the tailgate near the window..
did the weber make much difference? You go for manual choke?
Thanks. Mine has more than a little rust, but it is under control.

The Weber made quite a difference, but the Hitachi was pretty leaky and I am not sure if the secondary worked properly so that would be a big part of it.
It is an auto choke, but I have a manual choke to put on when I have the time.

Return to “My Subi”