The Foz

Show off your Subaru to other members. Tell us a bit about it. What mods you have done or have planned for the near future.
KiwiL

The Foz

Post by KiwiL » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:03 pm

Thought I'd share my Forester with you all. I know it's new-gen, but it is 12 years old with 207,000km so it's a long way from mint, the photos make it look waaay better than it is.

Basically, it's a 2002 SG Forester 2.5X. NZDM, so it has the 1.19:1 D/R 5-speed, a vLSD rear, rear discs, and the EJ251, not the EJ202 like JDM Foresters. Plans are to just build it up a bit, get a set of cheap snow tyres off a Jap import for 4x4ing  and just drive it. Snow tyres are cheap here as we don't ever get enough snow to really need them, my photos say otherwise, but they are all taken above 600m (1200ft) and the amount of snow is low anyway. The tyres come in on Jap imports from the mountains over there.

My main build thread is over on offroadsubarus.com at http://offroadsubarus.com/showthread.php?t=5568
- I know a lot of you guys are also over there, and have seen it already.

I bought the car early June, and immediately started modifying it - nothing too obvious as the laws are fairly strict here in NZ, but just a few things that would give it a unique look.

I love the dual-range full-time AWD and while the reduction isn't amazing at 1.19:1, it's a lot better than nothing, and it works well from the offroading I've done so far - I'd still like a 1.47 sometime though.

Bashplate:

Stickers:

Diff breather:

DRLs:
I also screwed the bottom corners of the number plate in to prevent it getting ripped off when fording rivers, I've seen it happen before.

Intake:
I did this to make water ingestion less likely when fording, as the stock airbox wasn't the best design. I've since added another PVC elbow to replace the first box too, sealed the joints with silicone.

Changed the plugs, they were toast, as well as the gearbox/diff fluids. I also touched up my stone-chips to prevent a repeat of my previous car.

Previous owner bent a couple of the pinch welds on the sills.

KiwiL

Post by KiwiL » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:03 pm

A shot of it the day I got it, prior to new tyres (slightly oversize at 215/65R16 vs 215/60 stock), RallyArmor mudflaps and removal of the little flaps before the front wheels.

A few shots of it in various scenery:

A bit of flexing. I could have flexed more, but I had to reverse out, I was by myself down a long dirt track and I didn't want to get stuck due to diagonal spin.

Anyway, that's probably enough pic dumping for one day.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:17 pm

KiwiL wrote:Anyway, that's probably enough pic dumping for one day.
Never!!! :twisted:

Looks like a good base to start with. Can you do lift etc over there?

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Return to “My Subi”