My GT2 wagon

Show off your Subaru to other members. Tell us a bit about it. What mods you have done or have planned for the near future.
Chris_Rogers
General Member

Post by Chris_Rogers » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:52 pm

bennie,
suspension isn't adjustable (yet!) .
front end is all legacy and the rear is a mix of legacy,XT6, L series.

did the ABS electrics over teh weekend so that part is done.

the car was manual and I would have left it that way except the wife won't drive a manual-so I swapped it to a EJ20R with a 4 spd auto behind it. wife wanted auto I wanted a toy :) .

car was bought with a dead EA82T in it . bieng an import it has a few strange things in it but it was a good base. the original driveline goes to MYSTI as he wanted the box from it..

I started doing the harnesses on it last night and HOPEFULLY I'll get these sorted by the end of the week. car also has oldschool climate control in it as well.

parents made a comment over the weekend on it. they commented that it was going to look better than the last one I built. (they are used to me building understated cars.)

I'll add pics of things as I do them. going to spend this weekend sorting out the rest of it and hopefully geting the engine in place.
Audio Express

1987 HR31 Nissan skyline
1990 R32 Nissan Skyline GTS4

2006 Holden Combo - work van :)

stamp_licker
General Member

Post by stamp_licker » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:30 pm

wagonist wrote:Yep, you should've started with an auto, like me:)
I did't realise how much bigger the auto tunnel was until I tried to fit the modded crossmember from the manual sedan. The entire back piece fitted up into the tunnel:o
did you know that the auto sedans and the auto wags have different width crossmembers,that being a auto sedan crossmember is narrower than a wag.maybe the tunnels are different.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]aka the_postie
Building a hardcore postie:D

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:04 pm

Chris_Rogers wrote:
wife wanted auto I wanted a toy :) .
Your going to let your wife drive it??? (no offence intended, but i don't let anyone drive my toy... but then again, i'm still working on it...)

Cheers
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Chris_Rogers
General Member

Post by Chris_Rogers » Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:54 pm

she wont initially until I sort all the bugs out of it then I'm going to watch her lose her licence in it :)

todays effort saw 3/4 of the engine loom go in and wired neatly (those going to BYB BBQ will see this car.) and part of the L Loom grafted neatly into the Legacy loom. this saw the igniter,diff lock fuse, MAP sensor and ballast resistor fitted and mounted neatly.

Next weeks effort will see the car looms grafted and checked before final fitting, the front ABS sensors fixed into place and plugged in. these need a hole made in the strut tower as well which I will also do.

the

also the wagon body in the trans tunnel is WIDER than a sedan auto. I'm not sure if its just mine or it applies to all of them. big thanks to craigus for the sedan X member. it gives me an idea on what needs doing VS the 4EAT item I have already.

more to come :)
Audio Express

1987 HR31 Nissan skyline

Fang

Post by Fang » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:25 pm

(A little off topic) Chris do you have that S/R Full Time Box that was in the GT2 originally? You were trying to sell it awhile ago?

Chris_Rogers
General Member

Post by Chris_Rogers » Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:10 pm

yep MYSTI has dibs on it. still have it on a pallet beside the car using it to check connectors with. I'll load it on a truck ands send it to him once I get the car going properly.
Audio Express

1987 HR31 Nissan skyline

GTlegs

Post by GTlegs » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:18 pm

Chris_Rogers wrote: car was bought with a dead EA82T in it . bieng an import it has a few strange things in it but it was a good base. the original driveline goes to MYSTI as he wanted the box from it..
Just out of interest, what kinda weird things?
'Another quality whore post from GTlegs Inc. Call 1900 POSTHO for all your forum reply supplies.'

Chris_Rogers
General Member

Post by Chris_Rogers » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:37 pm

door lock light that flashes when you start the car- 100km warning buzzer - differnent interior light (acts as a map light.) lead tinted windows and a few other things I can't remember at this point.
Audio Express

1987 HR31 Nissan skyline

wagonist

Post by wagonist » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:49 pm

You will want to disconnect the speed chime thing. It gets damn annoying.
It is located under the dash.
When you are sitting in the driver's seat, you'll see there's a series of long holes cut into the trim to the lower left of the steering wheel.
The chime is a box with a pink 2 pin plug screwed behind that.
Simply unplug & noise goes away.

With the door lock flashing light, does it actually lock the dorrs when you drive off (my Gen 1 Legacy did), or simply remind you to lock the doors?

Now that you've got the auto centre for the cluster, what are you doing with the old manual one? If its spare, I call dibs!!!!:-D Because I want to get rid of my 3 speed auto one.

Chris_Rogers
General Member

Post by Chris_Rogers » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:16 pm

I have that box. still on the panel - I'll make sure I dont recoonect it whenthe dash goes back in.

the dash insert goes with the g/box. hassle MYSTI for it.

this one reminds you to lock the doors. I'll leave it intact but I'm going to chuck a trick alarm on th car anyway, simply because I can.
Audio Express

1987 HR31 Nissan skyline

GTlegs

Post by GTlegs » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:23 am

Chris, you dont have the two additional gauges that came under the radio in the console in this car do you?
'Another quality whore post from GTlegs Inc. Call 1900 POSTHO for all your forum reply supplies.'

Chris_Rogers
General Member

Post by Chris_Rogers » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:47 pm

no. there were two added guages form what I could see in the lower pocket though. why do you ask?

got ALL of my rear brake setup this morn from a place in brendale - CHEAP!! also at the same place got the axle stubs I needed , again CHEAP!

steve (in brisbane) , pm me.
Audio Express

1987 HR31 Nissan skyline

Fang

Post by Fang » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:01 pm

I think certain models (I am yet to see pictures though) had volts and oil pressure gagues in the cubby hole - from factory. There was talk about this on USMB.

stamp_licker
General Member

Post by stamp_licker » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:33 pm

Chris_Rogers wrote:no. there were two added guages form what I could see in the lower pocket though. why do you ask?

got ALL of my rear brake setup this morn from a place in brendale - CHEAP!! also at the same place got the axle stubs I needed , again CHEAP!

the axles are thay what i was talking to you about this morning?i think i may need some.

GTlegs

Post by GTlegs » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:23 pm

Chris_Rogers wrote:no. there were two added guages form what I could see in the lower pocket though. why do you ask?

Yeah, they are the two I am talking about. Do you still have them?

Chris_Rogers
General Member

Post by Chris_Rogers » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:32 pm

no they were gone when I got the car. - got pics?
Audio Express

1987 HR31 Nissan skyline

Chris_Rogers
General Member

Post by Chris_Rogers » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:34 pm

postie,

this fellow has a fair bit. put it this way - the whole lot was a fraction of waht I was quoted up north. best to drop by or give him a ring.
Audio Express

1987 HR31 Nissan skyline

stamp_licker
General Member

Post by stamp_licker » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:05 pm

chris i lost the address could you pm it to me .
Thanks

Chris_Rogers
General Member

Post by Chris_Rogers » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:07 pm

you have a PM

(can someone reset the short message flag please.)
Audio Express

1987 HR31 Nissan skyline

Chris_Rogers
General Member

Post by Chris_Rogers » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:16 pm

more pics.

all of that has been modified. the dash harness has been modded to suit the auto centre. there is another harness stubbed into that harness now that spits out the gears and the two auto lights (power and hold). I also added a few extra wires to it for the flashing light for the remote start alarm I have sitting here. that is going in shortly once I get the car running properly. there is still the LEGACY harness to add to it. the bare wires are teh front of the car. the taped set that run down from the 'steering' area are for teh hazard light on the dash ( my alarm light:) )

note stock stereo in dash. this is going to stay :) . I still have to find a decent rear view mirror to modify though.

the climate module works! dash lights up also. probing the correct wire makes things work so its good. only thing I'm missing is the inserts for the fan speed switch. any one got pics of the later dash so I can copy it?
Audio Express

1987 HR31 Nissan skyline

Return to “My Subi”