My GT2 wagon

Show off your Subaru to other members. Tell us a bit about it. What mods you have done or have planned for the near future.
Chris_Rogers
General Member

Post by Chris_Rogers » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:13 pm

They were also fwd shafts.
Audio Express

1987 HR31 Nissan skyline
1990 R32 Nissan Skyline GTS4

2006 Holden Combo - work van :)

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:02 am

He-HEY!!! Good to hear you're still around and still have the wagon Chris! I bet you cruised around like :mrgreen: when you got it going again!

We need some up-date pics too ;) ;)

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Chris_Rogers
General Member

Post by Chris_Rogers » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:22 am

yep still smiling actually. wife doesn't seem to like it again though. fine with me.
Audio Express

1987 HR31 Nissan skyline

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:34 am

Wow, First time i see this thread. What a great car:) Love the auto dash unit.
A bit jealous of it and ABS... Shame the thread doesn't have all the pics in it.
Congrats, this thing is on of a kind:)
The project, EJ22 --->>> EJ25 Quad CAM:D touring wagon
Thinking of going on holidays on a little paradise island, Check out http://www.dodolidays.com

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:43 pm

Chris_Rogers wrote:wife doesn't seem to like it again though. fine with me.
Looks or drivability? Not that it really matters - no fighting over car keys :twisted:

Cheers

Bennie

Chris_Rogers
General Member

Post by Chris_Rogers » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:01 pm

guyph_01 wrote:Wow, First time i see this thread. What a great car:) Love the auto dash unit.
A bit jealous of it and ABS... Shame the thread doesn't have all the pics in it.
Congrats, this thing is on of a kind:)
I will have to relink a few of htem. I have all of the images for it when I built it though.

its stupidly quick and the brakes will pop your eyes out if you slam them hard enough. still toying with the idea of 4 spots on it once the price of the things come down a bit.

I enjoy it as I can shoot through traffic quite easily. I did forget what I was driving today though when I was working in the van. van has no balls..

freddo,

she thinks its a dirty old thing and prefers her corolla wagon instead. that could well be due to the fact that mine only has a radio in it vs a $4k audio system in hers... again fine with me - no fighting over the keys.
Audio Express

1987 HR31 Nissan skyline

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:23 pm

Would love more pics. What a great wagon:)
The project, EJ22 --->>> EJ25 Quad CAM:D touring wagon
Thinking of going on holidays on a little paradise island, Check out http://www.dodolidays.com

Fury

Post by Fury » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:10 pm

Chris_Rogers wrote:-she thinks its a dirty old thing and prefers her corolla wagon instead. that could well be due to the fact that mine only has a radio in it vs a $4k audio system in hers... again fine with me - no fighting over the keys.

Chris, your mrs and mine think the same way... Mine likes her Corolla Seca... which also has a better stereo :rolleyes:(well more features like BT, MP3 etc) than the Vortex (which my Clarion is louder lol).

She also thinks it is a dirty, bumpy old thing and really doesn't care that it has massive power, or handles like a rocket ship on rails...lol :cool:

Mind you, I am starting to get over having Eibach racing suspension.. every bump...I need more padding...lol
Chris :cool:

'88 Vortex AWD turbo with "go hard" attitude -

WRX EJ20G and box , TD05 Turbo and 4.111 running gear.
5 Stud conversion (Crossbred Performance) Multi pot GT Legacy brakes and 17" rims
Plenty of plans... the plans are getting done slowly;).... getting there - NOT! ;)

Chris_Rogers
General Member

Post by Chris_Rogers » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:19 am

fury,

std suspension via fulcrum - works fine. bit stiff but makes for fun in the hills.

http://www.audioexpress.com.au/subaru/

some of them will be linked here some won't.
Audio Express

1987 HR31 Nissan skyline

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:40 am

This is pretty much my dream L series. Awesome work!

If you ever sell it i want it :D

Cheers,
Rhys
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

87rxturbo

Post by 87rxturbo » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:31 pm

Nice car,i love the subtlety of it,very neat with just a hint of what resides within,nice one!

87rxturbo

Post by 87rxturbo » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:12 am

Actually youve just given me some great inpiration for my touring wagon (which is the same black n white as yours),i think i will donate all the parts from my perfectly good RX (disk brakes,lsd,ea82t) and bring it up to GT2 spec. The rx can be be a racer...

Fury

Post by Fury » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:42 pm

Chris, did you replace the diff hanger bush and the moustache bar bushes and washers? I cant seem to find them via fulcrum or northane - as well as a couple of other companies... any thoughts?

I think my main problem is the super heavy duty eibach shocks and coilover springs. even my full weight (85KG) on the front and rear bumpers, doesn't move the suspension travel at all.
If I were driving a perfectly smooth road ( say a new hot mix - newly laid) and there was A pebble on it (as in 1) it is more than felt, it is like hitting a small pothole ! Go cart style suspension...

Does your fulcrum poly bushes squeek? I put Fulcrum trailing arm, and front control arm bushes, and although I greased them, ( with the white suspension grease)they still squeek. does black box still supply them?
Chris :cool:

'88 Vortex AWD turbo with "go hard" attitude -

WRX EJ20G and box , TD05 Turbo and 4.111 running gear.
5 Stud conversion (Crossbred Performance) Multi pot GT Legacy brakes and 17" rims
Plenty of plans... the plans are getting done slowly;).... getting there - NOT! ;)

Chris_Rogers
General Member

Post by Chris_Rogers » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:45 pm

Fury wrote:Chris, did you replace the diff hanger bush and the moustache bar bushes and washers? I cant seem to find them via fulcrum or northane - as well as a couple of other companies... any thoughts?

I think my main problem is the super heavy duty eibach shocks and coilover springs. even my full weight (85KG) on the front and rear bumpers, doesn't move the suspension travel at all.
If I were driving a perfectly smooth road ( say a new hot mix - newly laid) and there was A pebble on it (as in 1) it is more than felt, it is like hitting a small pothole ! Go cart style suspension...

Does your fulcrum poly bushes squeek? I put Fulcrum trailing arm, and front control arm bushes, and although I greased them, ( with the white suspension grease)they still squeek. does black box still supply them?
I had the hanger bush made. fulcrum list a part for it but in my case iit is the wrong size. the rest of it is std fare I am lead to believe. fulcrum locally called the diff hanger mount sort of mount out of a lexus. I have it all on paper in the car but fulcrum at stafford will know what it is if you tell mention my car OR take them the hanger assy and tell them you need to replace that bush.

as for squeaks - nah. keep them greased and they stay quiet.
Audio Express

1987 HR31 Nissan skyline

Chris_Rogers
General Member

Post by Chris_Rogers » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:51 pm

87rxturbo wrote:Actually you've just given me some great inspiration for my touring wagon (which is the same black n white as yours),i think i will donate all the parts from my perfectly good RX (disk brakes,lsd,ea82t) and bring it up to GT2 spec. The rx can be be a racer...
slightly different to what I have. mine has a 4.44 VLSD in it forget trying to slide the thing in teh dirt - it won't.

brakes are impreza/legacy with the appropriate ABS system attached. stops VERY well.

had a bit of irony at the last JDM meet I took it to. parted it between a bunch of modded cars. every one walked past it and didnt pay a lick of attention to it. I noticed a leak so I pulled a light out and popped teh top. a few people looked then and then quite a few more. so it definitely blends in. police tend to leave it alone as well. bonus in my books.
Audio Express

1987 HR31 Nissan skyline

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:27 am

Chris_Rogers wrote:police tend to leave it alone as well. bonus in my books.
That is ALWAYS a bonus!

Sounds like you've done a great job on it if a bunch of JDM subi nuts couldn't pick it as a modded subaru - sorry, heavily modded subaru, L series or not!

Cheers

Bennie

Chris_Rogers
General Member

Post by Chris_Rogers » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:54 pm

nah they were all looking at the fully sik drift cars.. I was there to look at a few otehr cars and drum up business.
Audio Express

1987 HR31 Nissan skyline

Chris_Rogers
General Member

Post by Chris_Rogers » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:58 pm

Audio Express

1987 HR31 Nissan skyline

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:05 pm

Chris_Rogers wrote:also - full set of images:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 1330376598
Bookface tells me that the link doesn't work and that the images can't be found.

Cheers

Bennie

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:09 pm

Bookface: wrote: Argh! That thar booty ain't nowhere to be found.
No way the flag ye sent fer can be spied upon now. Yer lookin glass may be foggy or yer shipmates may be planning yer mutiny! Better watch yer back.
^ Only quoted because I can't work out/remember how to do a screen copy/dump...

Cheers

Bennie

Return to “My Subi”