Project 500OBY

Show off your Subaru to other members. Tell us a bit about it. What mods you have done or have planned for the near future.
El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:45 pm

aussie_guy00000 wrote:I'm back up in Townsville at the moment for Christmas, when I get back i'll post some pics.
I look forward to it!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

aussie_guy00000

Post by aussie_guy00000 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:29 pm

Folks, my lack of free time and motivation has got the better of me. This is officially on the market now.

Probably 50-60% finished, comes with everything needed to finish including:
-WRX half cut and Liberty Turbo RS rear Diff and brakes
-STi Seats
-Full 4 wheel disc brake conversion
-Front Adjustable Coil over suspension
-16" Simmons WRX wheels with brand new Falken tyres
-Many more parts
Project was to install all components of WRX half cut, including dash and climate control. This required recessing of firewall which has already been done.
Current progress:
-Engine and gear box installed
-4 Wheel discs installed
-Lots of custom fabrication already done, including mounting of WRX Climate control setup, narrowing of chassis rails to fit engine, new radiator support panel to fit WRX radiator

Perfect project for someone who is handy with a MIG/TIG and is capable of minor fabrication as there's still lots of minor fabrication to go.

Will include heaps of photos from build to date (to assist with reassemble) as well as wiring diagrams and any other info I gathered on the journey.

Located in Tieri. Selling due to not having time to complete.

After $5000ono.

Contact me for further information, photos or to arrange an inspection.
Attachments
brumby.jpg
brumby.jpg (108.64 KiB) Viewed 1751 times

niterida
General Member

Post by niterida » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:08 pm

Just a warning for anyone contemlating buying this -AFAIK it is very difficult to get a car engineered with modified firewall and radiator support panels. Here in WA under NCOP rules it would be impossible without having it classed as an ICV which means $$$$. I believe Queensland has also just adopted NCOP rules.

Not saying it can't be done but best to confirm it with an engineer AND transport dept.

Good luck with the sale - looks like you have done a good job so far.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

aussie_guy00000

Post by aussie_guy00000 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:28 pm

It's been a while since I've spoken to him, but I was consulting with Linsay Stone (Automotive Engineer who issues blue plates) in Townsville during the work, and he was fine with what I was doing.

In saying that I would be happy to extensively photograph the mods for a prospective buyer and they can check with their local Engineer before purchasing to make sure they won't have dramas.

Return to “My Subi”